Random audition question!

Pixiewoo

DD is getting ready to send off UCAS form and assorted applications for colleges. 

Do the colleges usually have auditions on particular days? A friend's child seemed to have most of their auditions on a wednesday or thursday, but I didn't know if that was luck?! Just trying to get my head around that bit of it, as I'm leaving the rest of it to DD! She seems very calm about it, I'm thoroughly confused having read what is required! 😆 I would love them to be at weekends, but I expect that is wishful thinking!

Thanks xx

Edited by Pixiewoo
spelling!

My DD auditioned at Royal Conservatoire of Scotland via the UCAS form. They had initial group auditions on set days (can't remember how many groups were invited). The initial audition was mid week and had a 30 min warm-up, then a group class for one and a half hours. The final recall audition was for two days over a Wednesday and a Thursday.

So if your DD is going to RCS, it's unlikely it will be weekends. However, other colleges and uni's may be different.

Good luck for the auditions. 

• Thanks 1

On 16/09/2022 at 20:43, Pixiewoo said:

DD is getting ready to send off UCAS form and assorted applications for colleges. 

Do the colleges usually have auditions on particular days? A friend's child seemed to have most of their auditions on a wednesday or thursday, but I didn't know if that was luck?! Just trying to get my head around that bit of it, as I'm leaving the rest of it to DD! She seems very calm about it, I'm thoroughly confused having read what is required! 😆 I would love them to be at weekends, but I expect that is wishful thinking!

Thanks xx

Hi. I appreciate that we don’t know where your DD is applying for but from experience of the UCAS application process none of the institutions offer weekend interviews/auditions. Which isn’t ideal as we try to fathom out travelling time etc balanced out between mocks etc but hopefully all will work out well for you and your DD 🍀

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, balletbean said:

Hi. I appreciate that we don’t know where your DD is applying for but from experience of the UCAS application process none of the institutions offer weekend interviews/auditions. Which isn’t ideal as we try to fathom out travelling time etc balanced out between mocks etc but hopefully all will work out well for you and your DD 🍀

Thank you.  That was what I expected! 😆

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Pointetoes said:

When DD audition 4 ago some places gave a choice of dates once she had been offered an audition. Some were at the weekends and some during the week. This was for places through ucas and not through ucas 

Thank you ... that gives me some hope of trying to fit things in!