Bit of a let-down...

taxi4ballet

Last May my daughter was asked by her friend if she would like to go and see Jessie J in concert, and tickets were duly bought for the concert this coming March - a long time to wait if you are 13!

We've just found out that she has postponed her tour because she will be on TV in 'the Voice' again and the concert will not now be until October...

That's 18 months for children to wait (and 18 months for our money to sit in their bank account).

A massive thumbs down to Jessie J,

• Like 2

That is really poor. Sometimes these "stars" do treat their public badly. I bought tickets for Leonard Cohen at The Hop Farm here. Then the interest shown he decided to move it to Wembly! We could have just transferred tickets but even so 20 mins down the road or Wembly huge difference. Some people had booked accomodation to see it here and they got no refunds for that. Thought it was very shabby of him to do that. Also we didn't get huge notice either.

That does make me cross. I was considering buying dd a couple of tickets (birthday treat) to see Miranda Hart's stand-up tour but tickets went on sale in December - for the tour which starts in March 2014! I didn't have the money to spare in December for a tour in 15 months' time. :-(

• Like 1

That's the same as the tickets for War Horse! It's all very well planning in advance but that is surely ridiculous. What happens if your plans have to change and you can't go?

Years ago a friend and I booked to see Marvin Gaye at the Phil in Liverpool. The date was reset and then reset again and finally reset for Southport! We heard informally that the Phil had just given up on him. Well we finally go to Southport. Edwin Starr did his set. The interval was so enormously long that we saw 15 minutes of Marvin Gaye and then had to leave to get the last train back to Liverpool (as did many of the audience). I could not repeat our thoughts in an open forum!

• Like 1

That's the same as the tickets for War Horse! It's all very well planning in advance but that is surely ridiculous. What happens if your plans have to change and you can't go?

!

I managed to get some fairly last minute tickets for Warhorse, direct from National Theatre although the play has moved to another London theatre - it's always worth investigating.