• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 28/08/2022 at 18:35, Mamaderuby said:

Thanks for your response. RCS modern ballet does look like a fantastic course. Unfortunately, there is the issue of funding. My DS has an Irish passport, but Spanish residency. After a lot of research, I have discovered he would be eligible to apply for DADA funding or for student loan (tuition only, in England, before 2028, under the CTA agreement) but not, unfortunately in Scotland, as residency requirements are different. NBS is definitely on the wishlist!

Could you please give me the link/info regarding the DADA? DS getting to senior school age, and he has English passport, residence Germany. I seem to have come up with the result that he’s not entitled, but if you know better, I’d only be too delighted!

23 minutes ago, Mamaderuby said:

This is most recent information. It's from 22/23 year. Was the same 21/22 year. 

EU residency + UK citizenship. I believe 

he would be eligible. 

https://www.gov.uk/dance-drama-awards

There are other eligibility requirements too, other than citizenship/residency, such as household income, age of student, etc. You can find all that info if you follow the link. 

On 22/11/2022 at 19:53, Mamaderuby said:

This is most recent information. It's from 22/23 year. Was the same 21/22 year. 

EU residency + UK citizenship. I believe 

he would be eligible. 

https://www.gov.uk/dance-drama-awards

That’s interesting to see that those from the EU are still eligible for a DaDa subject to other conditions obviously. Students from the Channel Islands are not eligible. Even though the islands are a crown dependency they are still excluded. 😕

1 hour ago, balletbean said:

That’s interesting to see that those from the EU are still eligible for a DaDa subject to other conditions obviously. Students from the Channel Islands are not eligible. Even though the islands are a crown dependency they are still excluded. 😕

Other than EUSS European citizens, it is only UK and Irish citizens. Not certain if this will be a temporary thing, similar to the Post Brexit 'temporary offer' for Irish and UK citizens with 3 years EU residency from Student loans England,  which will run until 2028, and covers tuition fee loans only, not maintenance. I imagine it is also a temporary Post Brexit thing.