route in to teaching

babybluebird

I am considering working as a dance teacher (in a private setting rather than GCSE Dance in schools) and unsure how best to get into it. I have read other threads on here and done some research myself but hoping some people with experience can give their opinions.

I have danced my whole life, including three years at vocational school. I've done intermediate (or above) ballet exams with RAD, BBO and ISTD Cecchetti plus intermediate ISTD Modern.

I'm aware of the DDE route into teaching but I also feel like I might lack experience and benefit from more training possibly some sort of degree, maybe like the ones RAD HQ offer as well as doing DDE.

So I suppose my questions are:

1. Is the DDE route preferable or should I look at other options such as degrees (if so which other options would you suggest)?

2. Can anyone recommend DDE course providers (I'm in the UK)?

3. If I go down the DDE route, which syllabus would be best to go through (ISTD might be the obvious choice so I can do ballet and modern together but the only ISTD I've ever done is those two intermediate exams so I'm not very familiar with their syllabi)?

Sorry for the long post, thank you for reading