RBS 2021 graduates - Where are they now?

RBS have uploaded a  post with brief details of last year's graduates: when they entered the School, their accomplishments at the School and information about what they've been doing since they left. Most interesting, and I do hope we'll see further follow-up. 
https://www.royalballetschool.org.uk/2022/08/01/our-2021-graduates-where-are-they-now/

Edited by Yaffa
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• Yaffa changed the title to RBS 2021 graduates - Where are they now?

Very interesting Yaffa and thanks very much for this. Unfortunately I can't often make it to the Summer School Performances because of the expense but I am slightly put out that students get to dance rare treasures like Ninette de Valois The Arts of the Theatre (which I hadn't even heard of) and Ben Stevenson's Three Preludes which I couldn't find in the Performance database, so assume it's not been performed by the main Company in the ROH. if these ballets can be staged for students (lucky students to get to dance such historic and interesting works) why can't the main Company dance them? I saw Swedish Ballet's stream of Three Preludes during the pandemic and it would be great to see the RB perform it. Anything from Ninette de Valois would be a bonus as we get to see so little of her choreography despite her being the RB founder.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, jmhopton said:

Ben Stevenson's Three Preludes which I couldn't find in the Performance database, so assume it's not been performed by the main Company in the ROH. if these ballets can be staged for students (lucky students to get to dance such historic and interesting works) why can't the main Company dance them? I saw Swedish Ballet's stream of Three Preludes during the pandemic and it would be great to see the RB perform it. Anything from Ninette de Valois would be a bonus as we get to see so little of her choreography despite her being the RB founder.

Three Preludes was an ENB (or, as they were, LFB) staple in the mid-80s when I was a ballet-watching newbie.  It's one of the first things I saw them do.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hope someone can persuade Roberto Bolle to bring his Roberto Bolle and Friends productions to London. At this rate, Italy seems to see more of Melissa Hamilton (in stage or on tv) than we do! Would also love to see him in Three Preludes.  

• Like 6