Northern Ballet School?

spotlight

Can anyone tell me what is expected at the Northern Ballet School Auditions.  Day starts at 12, tour then ballet class then interview for prospective parents the form says .....more insight by someone who has gone through it would be lovely :)

I can't tell you anything about the audition part but can say that the tour - parents and children together - ends with a welcome talk and Q & A session in their theatre.  They also gave us handouts about funding and accommodation.  The interview was really just an informal chat - I know they asked how many GCSEs they had or were expected to get at A*-C grades as the principal stressed she wanted a quick answer of a number, not to hear them listed.  DD was also asked what styles of dance she liked, where she hoped to be in 5 years, about a dance show she had been in, hobbies and favourite food!  Although it was 2 years ago it was my DDs first ever interview so she went through it in great detail afterwards.  Parents left the building after the tour/talk, whilst they had the audition.  After the ballet class they had physio assessment and interviews, which meant they all finished at different times.  Hope this is some help to you. 

• Like 1

Hi, my friend from my dance school auditioned this year and got her offer by letter after about a week of the audition. She didn't think the school was for her after all and decided to accept Ballet West. xx

Initial letter was an offer or a place (or not) and DADAs awarded after all the auditions, which given that it is already mid-March would be soon I would imagine.  Those in the last few auditions may well get a DADA offer at the same time as their offer letter - if they have scored very highly in the audition.  Northern score all their candidates at audition and then award DADAs starting with the highest and working their way down the list.