ROH audience surveys

I've finally (it's only taken 3 days) managed to persuade Hotmail to allow me to look at my emails, and found that the ROH audience surveys, at least if the current one is anything to go by, have changed from the rather tedious "how was x aspect of your visit/what did you think of the food/how easy was it to find your seat" of recent years to actually asking you for value judgements on the performance. Just thought people going to the Firebird triple bill might want to bear that in mind.

Just when I was actually intending to use the next survey to complain about the food available, too ... :)

#rant

Not ROH but I am sick of receiving surveys about performances I have attended. Most of them are about the experience of visiting the theatre but recently some have also covered the performance too. At least they seem to have changed the software so that if I have seen several performances of the same thing I only get one survey.

I don't mind the odd survey but as a regular theatre goer I am inundated with them!

Not in relation to theatre surveys but I recently changed my car and, so far, I have had 2 surveys (the same) through the post and 3 followup phone calls because I didn't complete and return them!

#rantover

• Like 1

I've just completed the latest ROH Survey and mentioned the poor sight lines for In The Night. Each of the three couples dance part of the time almost in the wings. A significant section of the audience is looking at an empty stage.

On Saturday eve I was SC D11(my first viewing of this bill from left side) and was 'blinded' by the light from the pianist's music. I suggested having the pianist at the back of the stage.

(I wrote my name and email address on this Survey.)

• Like 1