ROH Website problems 2018

Sim

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 04/04/2018 at 10:32, penelopesimpson said:

Swan Lake seems to have sold fantastically well - not much left for many performances.  Is this a record???????

I can't ever imagine this NOT selling out (and having just checked, see some individual shows already have). Its Swan Lake, its the only RB summer production, there are no visiting Russians - I don't think they even have to promote it! :-)

• Like 6

I wonder if anyone can help me with an ROH website problem? For a couple of weeks now everytime I try to log on to the website I get a message saying the page cannot load. It says if the problem persists to contact them.....well, I have tried believe me! I would like to telephone but I can only find a number for the box office. I am hoping that someone from the forum can help. Thank you in advance.

21 minutes ago, SusanR said:

I wonder if anyone can help me with an ROH website problem? For a couple of weeks now everytime I try to log on to the website I get a message saying the page cannot load. It says if the problem persists to contact them.....well, I have tried believe me! I would like to telephone but I can only find a number for the box office. I am hoping that someone from the forum can help. Thank you in advance.

Could it be a browser issue? The ROH website says:

'Our website is best viewed using the latest version of the following web browsers:

Most browsers will automatically update to the latest version that is compatible with your computer. If you use Windows XP, you will not be able to upgrade to the most recent version of Internet Explorer and we recommend using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox instead.'

They don't give a phone number for queries/problems, unfortunately - just an email form to fill in. But the number for Customer Services is 020 7304 4000 so perhaps they could help.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SusanR said:

If you're using Chrome for Android (or possibly another form of Chrome?) it might be worth checking your settings and seeing whether you have the Data Saver setting (you should find it under "Advanced") switched on. I know that when I had similar problems with the ROH website some time ago they disappeared when I switched that feature off.  I did report the problem to the ROH at the time but unsurprisingly I never heard back.

Interestingly, the ROH site was the only one I noticed being thus affected :(

Thank you so much Lizbie1. I turned off the data saver setting, as you suggested & it worked! Can't believe it was so easy. I actually went into Tesco to ask the chap in the phone department if he could help me but he couldn't....

I am a complete luddite, so can you tell me if I should leave the data saver turned off?

Thank you to all forum members for your help.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, bridiem said:

Could it be a browser issue? The ROH website says:

'Our website is best viewed using the latest version of the following web browsers:

Most browsers will automatically update to the latest version that is compatible with your computer. If you use Windows XP, you will not be able to upgrade to the most recent version of Internet Explorer and we recommend using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox instead.'

They don't give a phone number for queries/problems, unfortunately - just an email form to fill in. But the number for Customer Services is 020 7304 4000 so perhaps they could help.

Thank you Bridiem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SusanR said:

Thank you so much Lizbie1. I turned off the data saver setting, as you suggested & it worked! Can't believe it was so easy. I actually went into Tesco to ask the chap in the phone department if he could help me but he couldn't....

I am a complete luddite, so can you tell me if I should leave the data saver turned off?

Thank you to all forum members for your help.

So glad to have helped!

I left that feature turned off in the end - embarrassingly, I spend far too much time on the ROH site to make it worth switching it off then back on again every time I visited it. The only benefit of the setting is to reduce the amount of data you use, so it's not really relevant for WiFi on a reasonable internet connection. If you're out and about and looking at websites over 3G or 4G, and either pay for data as you go or are habitually close to or exceeding your monthly limit, it might be of value to keep it switched on.

Edited to add: like I said, I've only encountered this problem with the ROH site, so I'm not surprised the chap at Tesco couldn't help - it's a very specific problem which probably lurks somewhere deep in the ROH website's code rather than in your phone :)

Edited by Lizbie1
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, alison said:

I believe there are known issues with Chrome - I sometimes attempt to buy a ticket on Chrome, getting an error message, and end up having to use another computer to make the transaction.

You'd think they'd prioritise the browser with 60% of the market. Still, I'm sure it looks lovely on Safari...

Indeed - Nutcrackeringly eye-watering! 

One thing I have noticed (not just for Nuts) is that the various price selection options don't cover every seat, by any means. Some are left grey, whatever price option you select. As far as I can make out, this goes beyond the normal seats that are reserved initially for wheelchair priority (and  released later for general use  if still avaiable).  

Edited by Richard LH

I see a few Upper Slips seats which seem grey but are the bulk of the grey seats those in the Stalls Circle nearest the stage which have been pretty much removed from sale for some years now for 'acoustic reasons' as noted on the multicoloured, easier to read price map by production?

The maps do show all the Upper Slips seats having a price.

2 hours ago, Richard LH said:

Indeed - Nutcrackeringly eye-watering! 

One thing I have noticed (not just for Nuts) is that the various price selection options don't cover every seat, by any means. Some are left grey, whatever price option you select. As far as I can make out, this goes beyond the normal seats that are reserved initially for wheelchair priority (and  released later for general use  if still avaiable).  

I think that most of the places which are in grey on the online price mapping tool are Friday Rush or student places. As JohnS says, the prices of those places can be found on the multicoloured price maps posted last week by Bangorballetboy 

http://www.balletcoforum.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=259

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 1