Elmhurst Audition January

along for the ride mum

Hi can anyone help me with info about the auditions in January? I received an email in November to say that my daughters name was on the list for audition on Jan 11th and that they'd be in touch before Christmas with more details. Christmas came upon us and i realised a few days ago that i havbe still heard nothing. I want to book train, hotel etc, but know nothing other than the date. Is there anyone else auditioning in January who has any more details. I'm getting anxious that maybe some post has gone astray and, of course the school is now closed for the hols and I can't get through to anyone.

Can't help answer your question but wanted to welcome you to the forum. :-)

Hopefully someone on here will have an audition that day too but I'll also see if I can find out when someone will next be in the office at school for you.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum and good luck to your dd for her audition! Just be aware that preliminary auditions are only about an hour and a half long so there may be a number of slots that day - your dds audition may be at a different time therefore to someone else on the forum.

Hope you both enjoy the day!

• Like 2

Hello Along for the ride mum.

My dd is also auditioning on the 11th, you should have received an e-mail by now - she's in group 2 which starts at 12:30 - so there could be 3 or 4 groups that day. Try e-mailing them and keep 'phoning - I'm sure someone must be working/checking messages over the holidays.

Good luck to your dd.

Millie

Just read your post on another thread - it was an e-mail - not a letter - containing the final info.

Edited by Millie3
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone!

I have checked emails, including spam folder but I had over 230 spam emails over a couple of days just before Christmas and I'm now thinking maybe I got carried away with the delete button and didn't notice it! I will keep trying the phone but have decided to book a hotel the night before anyway. I don't know Birmingham and don't want to be reliant on either the motorways or the trains on such an important day!

The name comes from my philosophy regarding dance. we just keep going with the flow and carry on as long as it's what she wants to do. I do occasionally ask myself 'How did I end up doing this?' though ( like when I was on a 6:30 am train to London on a Sunday morning recently!) Thanks for adding me to the only forum where I've found common sense (I'm not generally a fan of forums, but this one seems great) x

• Like 4

Hello, my daughter is in group 3 and her audition starts at 2.30pm/2.15pm registration. She is 13 years old. Does anyone know are groups allocated by age. We are looking forward to seeing the school. Does anyone know do parents tour the school whilst children are auditioning. Also would the audition children is they didn't actually have any beds (year 10 Sept) just wondering how this all works.

Might see you there 'along for the ride' mum. Then again I could know you. ballet world really quite small!

Hi spacy, yes they try to audition in groups by age. I cant remember for sure but i think you only tour the school at final audition ( i am sure someone will correct me if i am wrong) it was 12 months since dd auditioned! Not sure about auditioning if no places available. Good luck

Hi Spacey, you do get to tour the school during prelim auditions after a talk by the Head teacher, a member of the boarding staff, head of academics and also a pupil. However, you don't get to see the boarding accommodation unless you make it to finals. I know of one girl who auditioned last year for a place even though she had been told there were no boarding places, she went ahead anyway just for the audition experience. Hope this helps and good luck.