BalletcoForum is 1 Today !

Sim

Hello everyone! As Chair of the BalletcoForum Committee I'm delighted to mark this, the first anniversary of the Forum. It was a year ago today that Bruce Marriott registered ballet.co.uk's offspring and we were up and running.

Ballet.co.uk was always going to be a hard act to follow, but one year later I think all of us are very happy with how BalletcoForum is going. We currently have 890 registered members with almost 28,000 posts made thus far. Each month the numbers are going up, and we are thrilled to see that. We are also very pleased to see members here from all corners of the globe, many of whom regularly post up and let us all know what is happening in dance in their part of the world, and for this we are very grateful.

I'm sure you will all join me in giving a huge thanks to the whole team of Forum moderators and admin folk who do so much work behind the scenes. Running a forum such as this one takes a lot of time, effort and dedication, and I can't think of a better team than the one that is in place now. So big, big, big thanks to you all. We don't always agree on how to approach things, but we always get there in the end! It is a pleasure working with all of you.

Finally, in turn, the whole Forum Committee would like to thank you, our members, whose thoughtful, fun and interesting contributions make BalletcoForum the thriving site that it is. We also owe all of you who contributed to our fund raising appeal earlier in the year a big thanks; as a result of your generosity BalletcoForum is secure for at least another year. I know that many a friendship has been forged through ballet.co.uk and through this site, and long may that continue. Even though most of us will never meet, we all come on here at any time of day or night and find the thoughts, opinions and advice of people we trust, admire, or just plain like. Of course we are all passionate about dance, and this leads to some very diverse opinions and points of view; on the whole, these debates are always conducted with respect for the views of those with whom you disagree, and this always makes for very interesting reading! So a huge thank you to all of you, and we look forward to the continuing success of BalletcoForum in the coming year and beyond....don't forget, it is only as good as you make it, so please keep all your postings coming in.

From all of us to all of you, we wish you a very Merry Christmas and the happiest of New Years, and here's to another wonderful year of dance, debate, reviews, links, the huge variety of non-dance related topics posted about, photos, finding tickets for those performances you thought you couldn't attend.....and fun!

With very best wishes,

The BalletcoForum Committee:

Alison, Annabel, Bruce, Dave, Ian, Janet, John, Julie, Lee, Sim and Trog

• Like 1

Hello everyone! As Chair of the BalletcoForum Committee I'm delighted to mark this, the first anniversary of the Forum. It was a year ago today that Bruce Marriott registered ballet.co.uk's offspring and we were up and running.

Ballet.co.uk was always going to be a hard act to follow, but one year later I think all of us are very happy with how BalletcoForum is going. We currently have 890 registered members with almost 28,000 posts made thus far. Each month the numbers are going up, and we are thrilled to see that. We are also very pleased to see members here from all corners of the globe, many of whom regularly post up and let us all know what is happening in dance in their part of the world, and for this we are very grateful.

I'm sure you will all join me in giving a huge thanks to the whole team of Forum moderators and admin folk who do so much work behind the scenes. Running a forum such as this one takes a lot of time, effort and dedication, and I can't think of a better team than the one that is in place now. So big, big, big thanks to you all. We don't always agree on how to approach things, but we always get there in the end! It is a pleasure working with all of you.

Finally, in turn, the whole Forum Committee would like to thank you, our members, whose thoughtful, fun and interesting contributions make BalletcoForum the thriving site that it is. We also owe all of you who contributed to our fund raising appeal earlier in the year a big thanks; as a result of your generosity BalletcoForum is secure for at least another year. I know that many a friendship has been forged through ballet.co.uk and through this site, and long may that continue. Even though most of us will never meet, we all come on here at any time of day or night and find the thoughts, opinions and advice of people we trust, admire, or just plain like. Of course we are all passionate about dance, and this leads to some very diverse opinions and points of view; on the whole, these debates are always conducted with respect for the views of those with whom you disagree, and this always makes for very interesting reading! So a huge thank you to all of you, and we look forward to the continuing success of BalletcoForum in the coming year and beyond....don't forget, it is only as good as you make it, so please keep all your postings coming in.

From all of us to all of you, we wish you a very Merry Christmas and the happiest of New Years, and here's to another wonderful year of dance, debate, reviews, links, the huge variety of non-dance related topics posted about, photos, finding tickets for those performances you thought you couldn't attend.....and fun!

With very best wishes,

The BalletcoForum Committee:

Alison, Annabel, Bruce, Dave, Ian, Janet, Julie, John, Lee, Sim and Trog

I think we, the users, owe you the Committee, a huge vote of thanks for your hard work in getting the new site up and running in the first place and the dedication and work it takes to keep it running from day to day. I, for one, am amazed by the variety of topics discussed. I cannot always join in, not having a dancing daughter for instance, but it certainly adds to one's knowledge and appreciation of ballet from many different points of view

May I in turn wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year of dance. A lot to look forward to next year I think

best wishes

Pat

• Like 4