Bouquets for the dancers - part II

Late last year, back on the old forum, I expressed my appreciation of the Royal Ballet - and particularly their corps - having completed an insane number of performances in November due to having to fill in for a missing opera production as well as their originally scheduled performances, and reckoned they deserved a very large cyber-bouquet. Reading today's links, I remembered that I'd been intending to do the same for English National Ballet: 35 performances of The Nutcracker at the London Coliseum, I think it was, followed by a goodly number (19?) of Strictly Gershwin. I think their Bristol performances were the last of the Gershwin programme: over the last 6 months I'd have thought they've done enough performances of it to put most people off Gershwin for life, so I think they're deserving of a giant cyber-bouquet too. I hope their schedule over the next few months will be thoroughly refreshing for all of them.

just a further bit of musing - i went down to bristol (coincidentally my home town) last week and saw stage rehearsal and first performance of strictly gershwin - thereafter i did not get in as the hippodrome was sold out every evening! - i found the company were still dancing this work with customary elan and enthusiasm so certainly mega cyber bouquets to all concerned

I showed my appreciation to the RB corps recently (after they did 7 shows in 5 days) by sending them a couple of big boxes of chocolates. I left them at the stage door and asked a couple of dancers whom I know to pick them up. They were very well received.

There has been a recent influx of presents (mostly edible or alcoholic) to Royal Ballet dancers under the pretext of a "Royal Ballet Twitter Feed" which seems to have arisen from a tweet by Bennet Gartside!

• Like 1