Northern Ballet - Christmas 2013 production - Cinderella

I've picked this up off Northern Ballet's website:

"Cinderella

Northern Ballet is excited to announce plans for Christmas yet to come.

The Company will bring the ultimate rags to riches fairytale to the stage in December 2013 with a magical new production of Cinderella by David Nixon OBE. It will have its World Première at Leeds Grand Theatre on Tuesday 17 December and will tour nationally in 2014."

There are no further details at the moment.

That's two companies who will be replacing their Nutcracker next Christmas. Scottish Ballet will be performing a new Hansel and Gretel choreographed by Christopher Hampson. I thought that ENB's Snow Queen was pretty good but it had quite lukewarm reviews from the critics and so I don't suppose that the company will bring it back which is a shame as it must have cost an awful lot of money. I can't see ENB creating a new full-length ballet any time soon.

Well Northern Ballet has toured their Nutcracker very extensively for the last couple of years so perhaps they think it is time to rest it. Beauty and the Beast toured extensively this year too. I'm looking forward to the new Cinderella although I'm still very sad we can't see Christopher Gable's glorious production anywhere.

I think BRB will be back to Nutcracker next year.

I don't think companies outside London can guarantee that the Nutcracker will sell out year after year in their home cities.