BRB Adult Insight Opportunity

BankruptMum

Hi Lildancer96

Hope your dd enjoyed the day . My little dd had a lovely time made even better by a friend from school being there and old faces from RB JAs and an intro to a new yr7 from September .

A longish train journey but a lovely holiday treat.

• Like 4

Yes it was nice to meet you too 2dancersmum, yes we did the Aladin thing too, it was good fun. A number of us have ask them to do more more as they have a very extensive repertoire, perhaps we may get a workshop on Coppelia, who knows, but I think they are genuinely interested.

PS I also met a girl from same Workshop  I did on Swan Lake a couple of weeks ago at Sadler's Wells, that was nice too. All in all a fantastic day.

Edited by Michelle_Richer

I'm glad you had a good day Michelle.  It would be good if they added in adult sessions. Both my DDs have done their normal insight progammes aswell as a number of their taster sessions, although never at the same time due to the differences in age and level.  Normal insight days are full day workshops and take place 4 times a year and taster sessions once a year.  As you say BRB has an extensive repertoire and each workshop tends to be based on the ballets they are performing at that time so you do get a lot of variety.. 

It was lovely to meet you Michelle :) I very much enjoyed the insight day I had such a good time learning the Genie dance and the teacher was so enthusiastic which made the class that much more entertaining . I really enjoyed all of the insights she gave about what it was like to perform the piece. It would be excellent if BRB arrange more of these workshops in the future. 

Also if the young girl I was dancing with isn't already on a pre-pro programme she should be - I fully expect to see her on stage with one of the big ballet companies at some time in the future, I've never seen someone so perfectly suited to ballet before!

Edited by lartiste

Hi Lartiste

Yes I hope they run more insights/workshops/summer schools etc, I did sent an email letter of thanks in and formal feedback of the general contents of the after class discussion. I haven’t heard anything back yet, but I will give it two or three weeks then a follow up email to keep it on the agenda. I’m all for making things happen.

My little DD had such a brilliant time at this course. She did both of the Grade 4/5 inter classes and the Grade 6+! it was great seeing how she progressed being able to watch at the end of each session. It was very challenging but the teachers were so good. DD was buzzing from it and it seems to have really boosted her confidence :)

• Like 3