Royal Ballet's Swan Lake (Spring 2022)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, JennyTaylor said:

Vadim's worth the ticket money alone, but I've decided to return my ticket as I have one for Saturday too, and hope for the best. 

BTW - you might wish to reinvest in Magri/Corrales 

I don't know why, but some nice tickets came up in the stalls circle for the 10th so I snatched those up, hopefully she's back by then, have no idea if it's an injury or COVID positive or something, so I have my fingers crossed for a return from Nela.

I've decided that I'll return tomorrow night's tickets.

I have some for Marci and Anna, if any comes up for Magri I'm all in!

Edited by emmarose
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, emmarose said:

True, but they haven't been rehearsing together for this.

But they have danced excerpts from it together, in Japan.  So they have rehearsed bits of it together.  And they both know the ballet so well that I am sure they will be just fine.  

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

how weird - must be a blip for me.  Have unfiltered everything, tried calendar view and still no joy.  Ah well - giving up.  Thanks everyone

Have you tried going incognito?

When a site isn't working for me for no real reason I sometimes do that and it starts working again.

41 minutes ago, oncnp said:

I saw their R&J and not sure it's worth fighting a tube strike for.....

yes I admit I was a bit underwhelmed by that but I think they will be great in a more classical role(s) perhaps. 

then again swan lake isn’t sleeping beauty or nutcracker and does require some passion/chemistry I think. 

It will be interesting to see what the reviews (and forum members) think. I hope Nunez is ok. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MJW said:

That's a bit of a shame for tomorrow as it would have been one of the very few times I have seen Nunez and Muntagirov live, but I have tried to learn to live with cast changes!

Good point. The ticket is for a performance not a performer.  And I can't even imagine how she must feel. 

2 minutes ago, JNC said:

Didn’t Muntagirov and Kaneko recently do a swan lake somewhere? 

I wonder if she would have been a better partnering choice, albeit it would have gone before her debut performance (and two days back to back). 

Gala in Rome at the end of January. And last year in Japan when Nunez withdrew.

Edited by oncnp

11 minutes ago, JNC said:

Didn’t Muntagirov and Kaneko recently do a swan lake somewhere? 

I wonder if she would have been a better partnering choice, albeit it would have gone before her debut performance (and two days back to back). 

Is Fumi ever not a wonderful choice? For anything? 

• Like 10

Statement from the Royal Opera House

By Alex Beard (Chief Executive, Royal Opera House)
Monday 28 February 2022, 4pm

All of us here at the Royal Opera House are shocked and appalled by the ongoing humanitarian crisis unfolding in Ukraine. As an expression of respect for all those affected by this terrible conflict, we will be lighting our building in the colours of the Ukrainian flag every night this week, and in a moment of reflection playing the national anthem of Ukraine before each performance.

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, art_enthusiast said:

Just wondering, which side of the stalls circle is best for Swan Lake - right or left? I tend to opt for sitting on the right side, but also have tickets for the left. Is it possible you might miss a lot of the action on a particular side?

I've got no idea why but when I booked my SCS tickets all I could get for the first wave of performances was for the left...I got some on the right for the second wave.

Just now, emmarose said:

Will there be an email or any confirmation at all?

Not if past history is anything to go by, despite what it says on the ROH website

1 minute ago, art_enthusiast said:

do you recommend the right side

I guess it depends how far to the right you are thinking of...in act one you might not be able to see the gate that the cast walk through to appear on stage, in act 3 you might miss the queen sat on her throne watching all the goings on.

Just now, Rob S said:

I guess it depends how far to the right you are thinking of...in act one you might not be able to see the gate that the cast walk through to appear on stage, in act 3 you might miss the queen sat on her throne watching all the goings on.

I sat in the right of the stalls circle today and you miss any action in the top right of the stage, so some initial entrances before they travel further and yes, the Queen in Act 3.  So, if we are picky, Odette's first entrance comes from there and some of her interactions with Von Rothbart. I didn't feel that mattered too much, but it's a factor.  I can't remember anything too crucial on the left side: it's a pretty well centred production. 

6 minutes ago, Rob S said:

Just more concerned about missing the Odile/Rothbart interactions

1 minute ago, JNC said:

Was a reason given? Only because I’m wondering what the likelihood of Nunez doing her later performances are 

No! Short and to the point - 

We hope you are looking forward to seeing Swan Lake at the Royal Opera House.

Please be aware that the following cast changes have been made:

Tuesday 1 March, 19:00: 

Marianela Nuñez is replaced by Yasmine Naghdi as Odette/Odile

2 minutes ago, emmarose said:

No, it was very short and only said she wouldn't be on and is replaced by Yasmine.

Fingers crossed.

I remember the good old days when they used to say "xxxx is indisposed"....no matter what the reason was!!  :)

• Like 2