The ROH booking website - what can we do?

It would be helpful if the website would go back to arranging your booked events in chronological order, though - I had a minor panic this afternoon when trying to get at my tickets for today: they were right down at the bottom of the list!  People might think they hadn't actually booked for an upcoming performance if it's not where it's supposed to be, and miss it.

• Like 9

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, bangorballetboy said:

Completely agree!  Last week, my next event was at the end of the list of 63 events!

I have complained about this too (more than once) and don't understand the problem in re-setting the lists, nor, indeed, why it suddenly changed.

My ticket for tonight was embedded in February 2023.

It's extremely un-user friendly and I have needed to go back to my booking request more than once because I failed to find the relevant ticket.

Edited by capybara
  • Like 2

I too raised this a couple of weeks ago as I ended up booking a seat for a performance when I already had a ticket. I received the following reply:

“Our Digital team are aware of this anomaly and are working to correct it. 

It is hoped that they will find a fix soon.” 

I do hope they fix the problem soon.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

I too raised this a couple of weeks ago as I ended up booking a seat for a performance when I already had a ticket. I received the following reply:

“Our Digital team are aware of this anomaly and are working to correct it. 

It is hoped that they will find a fix soon.” 

I do hope they fix the problem soon.

It’s been going on for at least six months.

From the website:

"We are carrying out essential maintenance work on our website between 6am – 10.30am (BST) on Friday 28th October. If you encounter an error please try again after a short while. We apologise for any inconvenience."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else having problems with the website this morning? It won't allow me to log in and none of the seat maps are coming up. 

or just me as usual?

6 hours ago, Lynette H said:

No, there is a technical fault. I can't log in either. The ROH chat function told me to check back in an hour. There's supposed to be an announcement on the site. 

There was when I looked in, this morning, I think.

5 minutes ago, Lesley said:

Notice that all the Friends Rehearsals for the next booking period are listed as Sold Out. Can this be the case?

Are you logged in to your account? They are all showing available for me. 

Is this the thread to discuss the latest ROH email I've received?

Just received an email called: Information about your standing ticket

The email says they're looking forward to seeing me on 7th Dec....and 'as a reminder, you have booked standing ticket(s) for this performance'....and that I should 'consult my e-ticket to remind myself where I'll be standing'

No information is provided in this email, no tips on posture or elbow pad reviews....I'm really disappointed   

• Like 2

16 hours ago, alison said:

"Alert (01/12/22 16:00 GMT)

We will be carrying out planned website maintenance on Friday 2 December from 6am to 11am (GMT). Purchases will be unavailable during this time. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Interesting...'apologize' spelled the American way!!  

Just now, Sim said:

Does the OED spell it with a z now?  Or do they just give all the possibilities?  

It's long been a quirk of theirs to favour the -ize spelling - they grudgingly allow -ise as an alternative, but I'm not sure that they always have.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lizbie1 said:

It's long been a quirk of theirs to favour the -ize spelling - they grudgingly allow -ise as an alternative, but I'm not sure that they always have.

And now I wish Katherine Barber (toursenlair) were still with us to give a much better informed view 😢

• Like 4

Actually, another thing that's really irritating me is the "Your tickets" emails they keep sending out.  How am I supposed to keep track of which one's which if they don't provide more information in the header?  (And no, they aren't always in chronological order)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, alison said:

Actually, another thing that's really irritating me is the "Your tickets" emails they keep sending out.  How am I supposed to keep track of which one's which if they don't provide more information in the header?  (And no, they aren't always in chronological order)

YES!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob S said:

Is this the thread to discuss the latest ROH email I've received?

Just received an email called: Information about your standing ticket

The email says they're looking forward to seeing me on 7th Dec....and 'as a reminder, you have booked standing ticket(s) for this performance'....and that I should 'consult my e-ticket to remind myself where I'll be standing'

No information is provided in this email, no tips on posture or elbow pad reviews....I'm really disappointed   

I’ve noticed and been affected recently by patrons who have turned up being unhappy with where they are meant to be standing and preferring to stand elsewhere or even occupy seats hoping they will be empty. I had a well-heeled person literally reversing into me during Mayerling last week so they could get a better view without acknowledging that I existed. Most uncomfortable. 
Perhaps the ushers have asked for this clarification email to be sent out to bring back a sense of order to what is normally a courteous and orderly location as disruption during a performance has a ripple effect on those nearby.

• Like 2

On 03/12/2022 at 05:42, PeterS said:

I had a well-heeled person literally reversing into me during Mayerling last week so they could get a better view without acknowledging that I existed.

@PeterSdid you mean the person was wearing spiky heels or that they gave off an aura of being comfortably-off financially? 😂👠 Either way, rude!

FYI

ALERT (06/12/22 11:00 GMT)

Our main contact number is currently unavailable, please call 020 7240 1200 for all queries. We apologise for any inconvenience.

6 minutes ago, Blossom said:

Is anyone else having issues with the search functionality on the site not working? I have emailed them but no reply and it’s been almost a week…

Hopefully I can explain this correctly.

The search function is not broken, but  instead the search button redirects to a legacy page which is not https supported (meaning it's http, without the s), s here stands for secure.

Some browsers (like Chrome, Firefox, Safari) warn users when they try to access non-https websites, so depending on which browser you're using it might not let you see the not secure page immediately, or at all. I know that when I search on the ROH page from my phone, it shows something like this:

831949557_Screenshot2022-12-07at16_34_56.thumb.png.1906c0a7aaa75015852f186f5778be77.png

But if I click continue to site, it shows me the result from the search page.

Alternatively, you can try just replacing nutcracker (see link below) with whichever phrase you're searching for copy it directly into your browser to see if it works?

http://www.roh.org.uk/search?q=nutcracker

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes - I’ve had problems with the search facility for a few days now (eg cast sheets but bangorballetboy has provided a link that works). I’ve had to resort to Google for other searches which has been ok but it’s frustrating that the website search facility has been down so much.

5 hours ago, oncnp said:

FYI

ALERT (06/12/22 11:00 GMT)

Our main contact number is currently unavailable, please call 020 7240 1200 for all queries. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Oh, you mean the "main contact" number which is only available for Friends and those on the Access list? :(