MDS general query

Pointeshoesarethedream

Just now, SJBallet said:

Hello, just a general MDS query if anyone can help. 

If you get awarded MDS do you resubmit financial information each year to determine that’s years parental contribution? 

Hello! Yes you do. Its based on the previous financial years accounts/Income...so if you earned less one year you would get a higher award....we weren't sent the mds forms till quite late last year and only found out what our award was in August! The online calculators are very accurate though. X

8 minutes ago, cotes du rhone ! said:

The more you earn the more you pay. So those extra shifts you could work to pay for SS and pointe shoes when your allowance has run out will all get sucked back the following year. But don’t despair the DaDa is just once at the beginning of the three years 🎉 

Were a long way of DaDa yet but that’s all worth bearing in mind thank you. 😁

2 hours ago, cotes du rhone ! said:

The more you earn the more you pay. So those extra shifts you could work to pay for SS and pointe shoes when your allowance has run out will all get sucked back the following year. But don’t despair the DaDa is just once at the beginning of the three years 🎉 

It does sometimes feel like that I agree! We worked out it is still worth earning more (you do get less mds) but you don't lose it all if that makes sense...so I increased my hours 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cotes du rhone ! said:

We’re at the Dada stage, and typically my earnings for this year are considerably higher than they’ve  ever been before, or are likely to ever be again!!!! 😩  ( for Sept 2022 entry they’ve asked for 21-22 earnings, not 20-21 as I’d hoped ) 

4 minutes ago, Gowiththeflo said:

We’re at the Dada stage, and typically my earnings for this year are considerably higher than they’ve  ever been before, or are likely to ever be again!!!! 😩  ( for Sept 2022 entry they’ve asked for 21-22 earnings, not 20-21 as I’d hoped ) 

That’s unusual. Perhaps you could call the schools finance department and request the previous years P60 as it has always been. So long as you aren’t over the gross £90,000 total income you should be ok 😅 It depends on the US but ours included accommodation and meals in the first two years then it was just the tuition fees that were DaDa’d as the grads moved into private accommodation. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cotes du rhone ! said:

That’s unusual. Perhaps you could call the schools finance department and request the previous years P60 as it has always been. So long as you aren’t over the gross £90,000 total income you should be ok 😅 It depends on the US but ours included accommodation and meals in the first two years then it was just the tuition fees that were DaDa’d as the grads moved into private accommodation. 

Thanks cotes du rhone .  It’s for Laines- Dd has an offer, so have just sent in the prelim paperwork saying ‘yes we’d like a Dada’!! Not sure if it will end up being 1st choice for Dd, so may not need to worry, as all her other applications are for degree courses. 

thanks though, if it comes to it , I’ll definitely request the previous years figures! 

4 hours ago, Gowiththeflo said:

I think that’s correct if dada’s are worked out the same as MDS.  For my DD MDs this year sept 21 we were asked to provide financial earning for 20/21.   So this years entry would be 21/22, it’s deferent to student finance my eldest has just started uni they asked for 2019/20 earnings for September 21 entry.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ballet Dreams said:

I think that’s correct if dada’s are worked out the same as MDS.  For my DD MDs this year sept 21 we were asked to provide financial earning for 20/21.   So this years entry would be 21/22, it’s deferent to student finance my eldest has just started uni they asked for 2019/20 earnings for September 21 entry.  

Ah well in that case, fingers crossed Dd chooses a degree course then- e might fare better that way round!! 🤣

• Like 1