Lottylou

1 hour ago, Lottylou said:

Can anyone recommend the best hotel to stay in (location/parking/budget) near to NBS please?  

Premier Inn Portland Street no parking on-site but is only minutes away from the IBIS Princess Street which is opposite a public multi storey carpark. I’ve stayed at both hotels but never had a car. Both hotels are barely a 5-8 minute walk to NBS. 

The Premier Inn is adjacent to a Wetherspoon. Their breakfasts are more budget friendly than the hotel 😉
The other one is the Britannia. Whilst it is budget friendly but for a reason. Not one I would personally recommend to anyone, from Personal experience 🙁 

Both hotels again are within a few minutes walk of the Oxford Rd train station if that helps. Another 5mins up the Rd is St Peters Sq tram station. 

Holiday Inn Express on Oxford road is Lovely hotel but not if you are looking for budget friendly accommodation.  Even though it’s literally on the doorstep of NBS. 

If the request is for an audition, we stayed at the Ibis. Barely 5 mins from the school which was perfect as the weather wasn’t that kind to us on the day. 

Hope that helps. 

Edited by balletbean
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Holiday Inn Express is super close, we have stayed there before, it was as you’d probably expect standard sort of hotel, they have a lot of issues with their lifts and there are only two. There are about 9 floors so better if you’re quite agile and breakfast is usually included.

There is Ibis on princess street I think, it’s a stones throw away.

Further up Oxford Road there is a premier Inn although we haven’t used this one.

kimpton clocktower is a bit swish if your budget is extensive it’s not far either.

There are a few a car parks nearby, if you look on parkopedia, they range quite a bit in price so worth planning a back up car park just in case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Hairpinseverywhere said:

Holiday Inn Express is super close, we have stayed there before, it was as you’d probably expect standard sort of hotel, they have a lot of issues with their lifts and there are only two. There are about 9 floors so better if you’re quite agile and breakfast is usually included.

There is Ibis on princess street I think, it’s a stones throw away.

Further up Oxford Road there is a premier Inn although we haven’t used this one.

kimpton clocktower is a bit swish if your budget is extensive it’s not far either.

There are a few a car parks nearby, if you look on parkopedia, they range quite a bit in price so worth planning a back up car park just in case.

The other thing to consider if choosing the Holiday inn Express. Which is lovely but It isn’t the quietest as the railway line which is elevated literally passes alongside at about level with the fourth floor of the hotel  🙉 

Edited by balletbean
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lottylou said:

Thank you so much @balletbean and @Hairpinseverywhere that is so useful.   Yes it is for an audition and I have never been to Manchester so really appreciate your help.  

Happy to help. 
We stayed at the Ibis for DD’s audition but then stayed mainly at the Premier Inn over the coming visits. I returned to the Ibis when attending DD’s graduation. Felt like completing the circle. 
If travelling by car please be aware that around Oxford Rd there is a maze of one way streets. Can result in being so close yet so far 😏. To reduce the stress I would suggest letting the train take the strain (or bus is close enough) if that’s at all practical but understand if it’s not. 
Good Luck. Here to help if you would like any further info. 🙂🍀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1