Photos of/by English National Ballet dancers at London Coliseum

GTL

On the left-hand side of the entrance to the Stalls (i.e. only accessible during performances) there is a display of a few photos taken backstage by some of the dancers. They are for sale but well worth a look for those of us who can’t afford to buy.

• Like 4

Not to mention by the Royal Ballet, at least for studio rehearsal footage - can't remember specifically whether I've seen his name on stage photos.

And of course Daria Klimentova has produced calendars in the past. Plus, doesn't Pedro Lapetra do photography as well? And probably several of the other dancers at ENB.

from ENB, I like Laurent Liotardo's (sp?) photographs, as well as Daria's. And from RB, Andre Uspenski is producing lots of great photos.

Johan Persson does lots of production photos for RB (amongst others), as does Bill Cooper of course, who is also an ex-dancer I think.

I saw these photographs at the Coliseum this afternoon. My favourite is Laurent Liotardo's photograph of Ksenia Ovsyanick as Belle. At £85 for the smallest photograph I feel that they are very expensive. However, I'm hoping that I may be able to persuade my husband to give me one as a joint Christmas and birthday present.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a look at the website for 24 seven arts which seems to be organised by Zdenek & Ksenia - who by the way was back on stage "Butterflying" on Friday after whizzing off to Athens to step in there as Aurora at short notice - a performance I would have loved to see as she is quite mesmerising and fresh in the way she dances the role - any way back to the plot - how did you manage to price the photos as try as I could I found no info about pricing anywhere - can you help, possibly aileen?

tim b, I think that I just clicked on the individual photographs. They all seem to start at £85. A "Boxing Day" discount of 20% was being advertised. I don't know how long it lasts.

I was surprised to see Ksenia dancing on Friday night. I wonder how she got on in Athens. I didn't like to tweet her about it in case it didn't go well. I've no reason to think that it didn't but it was a big undertaking, especially if it was a version other than MacMillan's which she has already danced and is due to dance again at the Coliseum (twice now, I see) in January. I'm really looking forward to seeing her dance Aurora, with Esteban. The photograph which Laurent Liotardo took of her as Aurora is lovely.

I received one of their photographs in the post today (a joint Christmas / birthday present from my husband). It is "Belle" (Ksenia Ovsyanick) by Laurent Liotardo. She is one of my favourite dancers and I'm looking forward to seeing her as Aurora in Sleeping Beauty next week. The photograph has a very good finish and was very carefully packaged. It's a shame that the photographs were not more prominently displayed. They were on show in the foyer next to the stalls entrance which is accessed via some double doors and you had to explain what you were doing to the ushers on duty by the double doors.

I wasn't sitting in the stalls and so I didn't have a ticket for the stalls. You have to show your tickets to the usher before you go upstairs and the ushers by the double doors certainly had an expectant look about them (not in a hostile way but in the way of expecting you to show a ticket). I felt that I had to explain what I was doing both times I went to look at the exhibition. I was trying to make the point that unless you had known about the exhibition beforehand or you were sitting in the stalls then you probably would not have seen it.