MT deg/dip auditions etc for 2022 entry

Gowiththeflo

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it’s personal choice and by that I don’t mean parents I mean child’s. 

My DD had several offers including a full scholarship to one. It had to be her choice because at the end of the day she is the one doing the training etc. I am afraid I have no idea how she choose but she knew at all her auditions whether she like somewhere or not. The one thing we did ask was that purely for easy of funding if possible she would go for a degree. She then went and took that out of the equation by getting a full scholarship for a diploma course. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kendie76 said:

Which schools do you need to chose from? 

She has offers for Bird, Laine, & Performers , and a recall next weekend for Urdang…… so whatever happens next weekend will mean she has to make a decision soon. 
she knows which is her favourite at the moment, (a yes from  Urdang could change that though, ) but just want to make sure we’re not missing anything important!! 

2 hours ago, Hairpinseverywhere said:

-Cost difference (if any)

-how easy / costly to travel home

-closeness of accommodation to college

-course available eg MT and Dance or just dance etc

-Previous graduates employment

-facilities near the college

-facilities in the college

Thanks,  I suspect it’s going to be a close run thing! ☺️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gowiththeflo said:

Thanks,  I suspect it’s going to be a close run thing! ☺️

What about the feeling your DD got when at them all, for example, when we went to bird DD said it’s not that she didn’t like it, it’s like she was looking around someone else college, like it just wasn’t for her, whereas she saw herself at performers and NBS, she felt like she could be part of them and I think that counts for a lot 😊

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Gowiththeflo said:

She has offers for Bird, Laine, & Performers , and a recall next weekend for Urdang…… so whatever happens next weekend will mean she has to make a decision soon. 
she knows which is her favourite at the moment, (a yes from  Urdang could change that though, ) but just want to make sure we’re not missing anything important!! 

You know when my daughter auditioned I said you want to go to somewhere that feels homely and friendly. I’ve known people come out of Laine and bird and got no job but it just depends. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hairpinseverywhere said:

What about the feeling your DD got when at them all, for example, when we went to bird DD said it’s not that she didn’t like it, it’s like she was looking around someone else college, like it just wasn’t for her, whereas she saw herself at performers and NBS, she felt like she could be part of them and I think that counts for a lot 😊

That’s ultimately how my DD decided. Mine disliked Bird, walked out of her Laine audition……..loved GSA from the moment she arrived at her audition. Graduates this summer from GSA 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pointetoes said:

That’s ultimately how my DD decided. Mine disliked Bird, walked out of her Laine audition……..loved GSA from the moment she arrived at her audition. Graduates this summer from GSA 

Yeah my daughter the same. She auditioned for urdang and didn’t get the vibe lol and the same with LSC. My husband liked urdang I didn’t and I liked LSC he didn’t but I loved Wilkes and daughter did. She said it felt like home 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hairpinseverywhere said:

I think that’s the tricky bit- she’s loved them all !! Laine obvs has it’s funding uncertainty; If she could pick Performers up and put it somewhere else that’d be fab; so I think they’re probably not really in the running….. Bird, I think is winning at the mo;  but an offer from Urdang would challenge that. 
☺️

• Like 2

Does Urdang give a straight “yes” this year or is it a “no” or recall? I’ve heard of many recalls but not a single “yes” so am wondering if it’s simply a case of two rounds of auditions this year (if DD is lucky to get a recall it means a total cost goes up by yet another hotel stay in London 🙄 )

34 minutes ago, Happymum said:

Does Urdang give a straight “yes” this year or is it a “no” or recall? I’ve heard of many recalls but not a single “yes” so am wondering if it’s simply a case of two rounds of auditions this year (if DD is lucky to get a recall it means a total cost goes up by yet another hotel stay in London 🙄 )

I know that Urdang is rationalising their courses and only offering the degree next academic year. They are giving offers but they may be less in number than before. Recall is an option but I am not sure of how many have been offered places that way.

2 hours ago, Drdee said:

I know that Urdang is rationalising their courses and only offering the degree next academic year. They are giving offers but they may be less in number than before. Recall is an option but I am not sure of how many have been offered places that way.

3 hours ago, Happymum said:

I know someone who got a yes from the audition. 

31 minutes ago, Kendie76 said:

I know someone who got a yes from the audition. 

I thought that would the case. From an administrative and resource point of view you would want to accept people from the 1st audition. I don’t know what the cohort size is this year. 

10 hours ago, Happymum said:

DD’s recall was today. She knows of a straight yes, a straight no, and a straight to waiting list from her first audition……… so that’s all options covered! 🤣

Edited by Gowiththeflo

On 13/02/2022 at 21:15, Gowiththeflo said:

DD’s recall was today. She knows of a straight yes, a straight no, and a straight to waiting list from her first audition……… so that’s all options covered! 🤣

I hope the recall went well and you’ll get the results very soon. Was the recall any different the the first audition? My DD is going in 2 weeks 

3 hours ago, Happymum said:

I hope the recall went well and you’ll get the results very soon. Was the recall any different the the first audition? My DD is going in 2 weeks 

Dd says……

“Short ballet class, different excercises to 1st audition, but nothing too difficult. Mostly barre, 1 develope excercise in the centre. 
Exact same jazz routine, including improv section as before. 
She sang one song, ( Dd did the same one, others did a new song) & then a short interview following on from the previous one. 
There was around 6 people on the panel. “

Thank you, and yes, hoping not too long to wait as it was her last audition, she’s really wanting to start thinking about decisions🤣
Good luck to your Dd, Happymum☺️

• Thanks 1