Yorkshire Ballet Seminars Summer Residential now open for booking:

Jan McNulty

From Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWft4dNI_Kw/

"Our Summer Residential Course applications are NOW OPEN and the dates of our Scholarship Auditions have been released đŸ€©

We are so excited to be back at the beautiful Ashville College this summer for our Residential Summer Seminars. We can’t wait to see you all there
 APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN
 Don’t miss your chance to be involved in our three week summer seminars in Harrogate.

* 10th - 30th July 2022
* Three weeks of world class tuition
* Renowned faculty from major UK companies 
* On-site accommodation and food provided 
* Sharing of work for family at the end of each week 
* Activities with House Staff after training hours 
* Bursaries available 
* Scholarship auditions in Birmingham, London and Leeds

TO APPLY and BOOK
Simply go to our website -www.ybss.co.uk and click the Apply Now Tab or the Scholarships 2022 Tab 😍

Scholarship Audition Information - 

We are proud to be able to offer a large number of Scholarships for students to attend our Summer Residential with all or part of the fees covered. 

The audition will consist of a 1 hour and 15 minute ballet class in your correct age group (no pointe work for any students) led by an experienced teacher in front of a panel led by the Director. We will be holding 3 days of auditions across the country. Places for these auditions will be strictly limited and offered on a first booked basis. There is a fee of £10 per student to attend and students can only book to attend one audition date.

* Birmingham - Birmingham Royal Ballet Studios 

* London - The Place 

* Leeds - Yorkshire Dance Studios 

Years 7 - 8 ~ 10:00-11:15
Years 9 - 10 ~ 11:45-13:00
Years 11 - 12 ~ 13:30- 14:45
Years 13+ ~ 15:15 - 16:30

LIMITED NUMBER OF SPACES AVAILABLE and they are taken on a first come basis. 

*PLEASE NOTE*: Attending the Scholarship auditions does not count as an application for the Summer School. If you wish to be considered for a place at the Summer School regardless of the outcome of the scholarship audition you MUST submit a Summer School application. 

Bursary applications are different from Scholarships, please see Bursary section on our website for further information."

Does anyone gave any details on this in terms of T&C’s? The course is open from age 9 but it also stipulates they must have passed Grade 4. Is that correct? Would a 9 year old have passed Grade 4 so young? Has anyone had a DC attend that hadn’t passed grade 4? My DC is currently on Grade 3 so nowhere near. 

4 hours ago, Balletbuds80 said:

Does anyone gave any details on this in terms of T&C’s? The course is open from age 9 but it also stipulates they must have passed Grade 4. Is that correct? Would a 9 year old have passed Grade 4 so young? Has anyone had a DC attend that hadn’t passed grade 4? My DC is currently on Grade 3 so nowhere near. 

My dd took her grade 4 exam when she was 9 so there will be some. I guess if they’ve seen you at something like a pop up event and they like you they might let you go to the residential even if you haven’t reached grade 4. 

6 hours ago, Farawaydancer said:

My dd took her grade 4 exam when she was 9 so there will be some. I guess if they’ve seen you at something like a pop up event and they like you they might let you go to the residential even if you haven’t reached grade 4. 

Thank you. I have emailed them but hadnt heard back. 

It’ll be because they can only cater for dancers of a similar standard - which is why they say G4 as a minimum, not that they expect the vast majority of even talented nine-year-olds to be at that standard. And remember, there will be children who don’t take any exams at all - mine didn’t, and anyway she wouldn’t have been anywhere near G4 at age nine. The G4 is just to give an idea of the standard that they feel able to work with.

I have just seen their instagram post just now it says from age 11, so they must have changed it this year. The scholarships are from Year 7 so it looks like she will miss out again. She has waiting to be old enough to attend but its not meant to be. We will just have to hope there are pop ups she can attend. She wants to attend a residential summer school and this one is close to where we live and has a great reputation.

33 minutes ago, Balletbuds80 said:

I have just seen their instagram post just now it says from age 11, so they must have changed it this year. The scholarships are from Year 7 so it looks like she will miss out again. She has waiting to be old enough to attend but its not meant to be. We will just have to hope there are pop ups she can attend. She wants to attend a residential summer school and this one is close to where we live and has a great reputation.

If you are in the North, then try Moorlands Ballet in Clitheroe...  my dd did her first residential there to help her decided if she wanted to go to vocational school. She loved their course.

22 hours ago, MissEmily said:

Another vote for Moorland. Excellent teaching and it’s a very full week of dancing. The performance at the end was incredible. It is also selective but they do take younger students.

Thank you. DD’s friend attended Moorlands this summer and had a great time. It is definitely an option. We like the look of Malvern too but its a bit further away for us. Harrogate is only 1 hour so ideal. I am sure once she has done it, further afield wont be as daunting. 

• 1 month later...

I got an email for summer to say I had applied. But I didn't get one for Easter.....whichbjs why I wondered if I had applied when the results came out!!!! Insent them an email and they were quick to reply. Sometimes their emails go in to my junk folder too.

3 hours ago, sunrise81 said:

I got an email for summer to say I had applied. But I didn't get one for Easter.....whichbjs why I wondered if I had applied when the results came out!!!! Insent them an email and they were quick to reply. Sometimes their emails go in to my junk folder too.

Ok thank you. I will double check

58 minutes ago, HopelessMummy said:

When you apply, a confirmation page comes up. Followed later by an email thanking you for your application and that you'll hear back after the closing date. Good luck! 

Hi. I got the confirmation page but no email. I have emailed and they have confirmed they received the application.