Sourcing ballet dancer photos/prints to purchase

10 hours ago, oncnp said:

If you click on the image you want, there is a tag at the bottom of the description eg image.png.fa4a7b1008e734bfbc9a289fdf8dfd6d.png . Click on this and it will take you to the image again with a link to purchase in the upper right corner image.png.08aa2891d688469be3b1dac7326716d9.png

Thanks very much oncnp. I'll check it out again. I'm sure it was more straightforward when I purchased previously.  I don't do subtle when it comes to IT!

Have just seen your follow up post and it's not so straightforward after all. What a disappointment.  If you contact him could you post what he says  please as I might like some photos/mugs myself.

Edited by jmhopton
Add info

8 minutes ago, jmhopton said:

Thanks very much oncnp. I'll check it out again. I'm sure it was more straightforward when I purchased previously.  I don't do subtle when it comes to IT!

Have just seen your follow up post and it's not so straightforward after all. What a disappointment.  If you contact him could you post what he says  please as I might like some photos/mugs myself.

So sorry about that. 'Should have taken it all the way through before posting. I have asked him to disable the links so no one else makes the same mistake I did. If OK with him, I will let you know what he tells me. 

Just now, oncnp said:

So sorry about that. 'Should have taken it all the way through before posting. I have asked him to disable the links so no one else makes the same mistake I did. If OK with him, I will let you know what he tells me. 

Thanks oncnp. Much appreciated. 

17 hours ago, jmhopton said:

Not all the photos seem to be for sale at present, but some are, and I have just ordered quite a few prints, and have received email confirmation thereof. So we will see ! 

• Like 1

On 24/11/2021 at 11:19, jmhopton said:

Alastair Muir has been mentioned before on the Forum and after reading about him here I bought several ballet mugs for gifts (and for myself!) He does photos as well. Below is his homepage where he has links to theatre and opera photos as well as ballet. If you click on Ballet he has sections on Dance, Royal Ballet and ENB. Having said that, it's a while since I bought any and I seem to remember you just clicked on a picture and the options came up as to what was available. Now, it doesn't seem as clear. Perhaps try emailing him if you fancy any; alastair@alastairmuir.com 

https://photos.alastairmuir.com/

These are so great, thanks for the suggestion!

20 minutes ago, Richard LH said:

Not all the photos seem to be for sale at present, but some are, and I have just ordered quite a few prints, and have received email confirmation thereof. So we will see ! 

Which one's are for sale? Every RB I chose wasn't. 

17 minutes ago, Richard LH said:

Thanks!  The more recent pictures are not available. I didn't scroll down far enough. 

Edited by oncnp

No news on the Tears of a Ballet Mum book in the shop today ....though they are going to stock it so just have to keep checking on the website. 
Trust me to arrive to a practically empty cafe area etc and by the time I came out of the loo it was FULL of people who’d just come out of this afternoons matinee apparently ....I hadn’t realised there were two performances today. Then had to wait ages for the queue in the shop to reduce to a reasonable length 😩  Good to see the cloakrooms open though. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
47 minutes ago, AnticaFiamma said:

BTW, the principals' portraits are back in the giftshop

We've had new principals since they were last in, I wonder if there are new pics of them

2 hours ago, Rob S said:

We've had new principals since they were last in, I wonder if there are new pics of them

there are not! They are still selling Watson and Bonelli though (in a slightly separate area) so I got one of Bonelli as I assume they won’t be printing more! 

would also like to see an updated one of Nunez - I do like backstage photos and the one of Morera face forward is quite arresting so they don’t need to necessarily be mid dance pose (although they work well for obvious reasons) but Nunez bent over a chair where you can barely see her face and most of the picture is an empty room feels a bit of a waste! 

• Like 1

Just moving off the current topic slightly, Andre Uspenski recently captured a wonderful moment from a performance of Romeo and Juliet  by Melissa Hamilton and Ryoichi Hirano . It’s on his dancersdiary Instagram,  but I haven’t seen it printed elsewhere. The image shows Melissa about to embrace Rio as his arms extend to greet her with his cloak which resembles a heart in how it has been captured. It’s a beautifully photographed moment which has been admired by many on his account including several current RB Principals. It would make an ideal ‘February image’  for the RB Calendar. I wondered if many folks here had seen it . Also wondering if Andre  sells prints of his work.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Just moving off the current topic slightly, Andre Uspenski recently captured a wonderful moment from a performance of Romeo and Juliet  by Melissa Hamilton and Ryoichi Hirano . It’s on his dancersdiary Instagram,  but I haven’t seen it printed elsewhere. The image shows Melissa about to embrace Rio as his arms extend to greet her with his cloak which resembles a heart in how it has been captured. It’s a beautifully photographed moment which has been admired by many on his account including several current RB Principals. It would make an ideal ‘February image’  for the RB Calendar. I wondered if many folks here had seen it . Also wondering if Andre  sells prints of his work.

I've just found the photo you mention, Odyssey - it's amazing!

9 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Just moving off the current topic slightly, Andre Uspenski recently captured a wonderful moment from a performance of Romeo and Juliet  by Melissa Hamilton and Ryoichi Hirano . It’s on his dancersdiary Instagram,  but I haven’t seen it printed elsewhere. The image shows Melissa about to embrace Rio as his arms extend to greet her with his cloak which resembles a heart in how it has been captured. It’s a beautifully photographed moment which has been admired by many on his account including several current RB Principals. It would make an ideal ‘February image’  for the RB Calendar. I wondered if many folks here had seen it .

I have, it caused me to look at the moment for all the other performances to see if it would've looked as good

Guest oncnp
44 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Also wondering if Andre  sells prints of his work.

He did at one time. I contacted him through IG. If I recall correctly, an image (jpeg file) cost about £250 but that may depend on the image. 

Edited by oncnp

On 25/11/2021 at 18:12, LinMM said:

No news on the Tears of a Ballet Mum book in the shop today ....though they are going to stock it so just have to keep checking on the website. 
Trust me to arrive to a practically empty cafe area etc and by the time I came out of the loo it was FULL of people who’d just come out of this afternoons matinee apparently ....I hadn’t realised there were two performances today. Then had to wait ages for the queue in the shop to reduce to a reasonable length 😩  Good to see the cloakrooms open though. 

I know this is a very late reply to your November question (which I’ve only just seen now), LinMM, but I browsed in the shop as I was early (for once) for the triple bill and saw Mrs Naghdi’s book Tears of a Ballet Mum in the ROH shop on the ground floor....don’t know if you have already obtained your copy by now. 

• Like 1

Thanks Emeralds …..It was to be a birthday present for a friend which was back in December just before Christmas  so bought her the Leanne Benjamin book instead as they didn’t get it in shop in time. They did gift wrap up the book very nicely for me though and my friend really enjoyed reading it so alls well that ends well!! 

• Like 1

On 02/05/2022 at 15:47, bridiem said:

I've just found the photo you mention, Odyssey - it's amazing!

Can someone please share the link - thank you! A fan of Hamilton who I think deserves more high profile roles/opportunities more often! 

• Like 1