Laine Summer School

swe

Just wondered if anyone had experience of the musical theatre summer school please? I was hoping to let my 2 dds stay with a local landlady (which I believe Laine arrange) but normally I accompany them but I think they are probably old enough to stay together 12/14 this time. Any thoughts/experience would be greatly received.

If you don't get the answers you are looking for on this forum I would suggest posting in the dance section of notapushymum. A lot of parents on that forum will be able to advise I am sure - certainly there seem to be several children auditioing for full time places at Laines each year so I assume some will have done the summer school in the past.

A couple of my students have attended this summer school and really enjoyed it. One of them stayed with a landlady with other students who were also on the course but I know they were not really happy with the arrangement as it was supposed to be a couple looking after the girls but the lady was away most of the week leaving her husband in charge! When she did return at the end of the week the couple had a huge row which was very awkward for the girls! This was a couple of years ago and I dont know if my students parents put in a complaint or anything. My other slightly younger student (age 12) stayed in a local hotel (Travelodge I think?) with her parents for the week. I'm sure that most others will have had a good experience of the landlady option though.