Jump to content

Ballet school recommendations - West Herts area


Kim12

Recommended Posts

Hi, I’m please looking for recommendations for a good ballet school with a great standard of teaching to further my teenage daughter’s training. I’m aware of Tring Park but looking for a good local after school/weekend dance school. We are based in Hemel Hempstead so ideally not too far from us in the Herts area would be ideal. Many thanks for any pointers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Kim12 and welcome.  If St Albans is do-able then you won’t find a better teacher than Helen Brewer:  https://brewerdanceacademy.com/staff

 

Helen, along with the late Mary Schon, taught my daughter most years at the sadly missed Harpenden Summer School, and is such a wonderful teacher.   If that’s a bit far, then Tring Park does run evening and weekend classes under the Tring Park Associates umbrella:  https://www.tringpark.com/associates-classes-ages-3-19/

 

TPA is confusingly named Associates when the actual selective Ballet Associate scheme at Tring is called Classical Ballet Academy:  https://www.tringpark.com/classical-ballet-academy/ which I can also recommend, but it’s designed to supplement evening/Saturday classes rather than replace them. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/10/2021 at 20:48, Anna C said:

Hi Kim12 and welcome.  If St Albans is do-able then you won’t find a better teacher than Helen Brewer:  https://brewerdanceacademy.com/staff

 

Helen, along with the late Mary Schon, taught my daughter most years at the sadly missed Harpenden Summer School, and is such a wonderful teacher.   If that’s a bit far, then Tring Park does run evening and weekend classes under the Tring Park Associates umbrella:  https://www.tringpark.com/associates-classes-ages-3-19/

 

TPA is confusingly named Associates when the actual selective Ballet Associate scheme at Tring is called Classical Ballet Academy:  https://www.tringpark.com/classical-ballet-academy/ which I can also recommend, but it’s designed to supplement evening/Saturday classes rather than replace them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/10/2021 at 15:50, Kim12 said:

Hi, I’m please looking for recommendations for a good ballet school with a great standard of teaching to further my teenage daughter’s training. I’m aware of Tring Park but looking for a good local after school/weekend dance school. We are based in Hemel Hempstead so ideally not too far from us in the Herts area would be ideal. Many thanks for any pointers. 

Hi - I have no personal experience but I have heard very good things about Jo de Souza in Tring, and she has a lot of success with students gaining entry to vocational schools x

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/10/2021 at 14:04, Janeparent said:

Hi - I have no personal experience but I have heard very good things about Jo de Souza in Tring, and she has a lot of success with students gaining entry to vocational schools x

Thank you 😊 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...