Central Ballet Dance Day - 9th December in London

Belleballerina

My dd and friend really looking forward to Sunday.

We are travelling on the Central Line to Chancery Lane from Epping.

Just wondering if we could walk from there to Central Ballet or do we need to take a bus or taxi? Also if anyone has done this day before it encourages parents to stay and watch? Presumably this will be towards the end of the day so us mums may get time for a bit of retail xmas therapy or a coffee somewhere (anyone know if there is a Costa/Starbucks anywhere nearby?)

It is only a 5-10 min walk from Chancery Lane to Central unless you get distracted looking in all the Hatton Garden jewellers windows! This is the route my dd takes every day and there is a Costa which you will walk past on Hatten Garden.but also plenty of other places for coffee in the vacinity. For shopping head to Covent Garden/Oxford St either by bus from oppsite Central or approx 15-20min walk,

• Like 1

It is only a 5-10 min walk from Chancery Lane to Central unless you get distracted looking in all the Hatton Garden jewellers windows! This is the route my dd takes every day and there is a Costa which you will walk past on Hatten Garden.but also plenty of other places for coffee in the vacinity. For shopping head to Covent Garden/Oxford St either by bus from oppsite Central or approx 15-20min walk,

I play 'Spot the most expensive diamond ring you can find in the jewellers windows' - my record is £139,000! :o

DD went to this dance day a couple of years ago, and had a fantastic time.

Have a great time everyone.

• Like 2

Yes, it's an easy walk from Chancery Lane, down Hatton Garden (there is a lovely Costa halfway down on the left). At the end of the road where Hatton Garden meets Clerkenwell Road, turn right onto Clerkenwell Road. The school is to your right, across the road.

Bus no. 55 goes from the bus stop on the Hatton Gdn side of Clerkenwell Road, straight to Oxford Street, terminating across the road from John Lewis. :-)

The shops in Oxford Street are open until 6pm on a Sunday as they open quite late at 12 noon.

Have a look at the individual stores opening times but M&S, John Lewis, Next and Top Shop are open until 6pm.

Get the no. 55 bus as mentioned before.

Happy shopping. :)

My dd and her friend really enjoyed the day. They were probably the youngest there 12 and 13 but they kept up really well.

There were some very talented dancers there and the classes were taken by two very inspirational teachers who really explained why they were asking the dancers to do things as well as challenging them. The room was quite cramped as there were 40 plus dancers there but parents got to watch the whole day which was a real treat for me! Definately worth doing if you are thinking of Central as one of you options! I think they have similar Dance Days in the spring and summer term also.