RBS associate equipment

Ballerina_girl

19 hours ago, Ballerina_girl said:

I received an email at the end of July saying our associate teacher would be in touch with what equipment we needed to buy for associate class but haven’t received this yet? Has anyone else? 

@Ballerina_girlwhich location are you starting? We also had the email in July but no further email re: equipment since. I’m now thinking that they’ll get the students know in the first class. Im

sure it will be fine. 

Hi, we are London centre and we got an email from the teacher saying which equipment need to be purchased on the 38 Aug. Then another email on 1 Sept to say shop is open with a link to buy the items. Also received invoice from their Finance on 3 Sept. 

We also received an email the other day with revised start times. Does anyone know if they’re still having the first day parent talk as mentioned in the Handbook or did the Zoom meeting done last week in place of the in person meeting? 

58 minutes ago, Neverdancedjustamum said:

Hi, we are London centre and we got an email from the teacher saying which equipment need to be purchased on the 38 Aug. Then another email on 1 Sept to say shop is open with a link to buy the items. Also received invoice from their Finance on 3 Sept. 

We also received an email the other day with revised start times. Does anyone know if they’re still having the first day parent talk as mentioned in the Handbook or did the Zoom meeting done last week in place of the in person meeting? 

Sorry, meant 28 Aug (fat fingers haha!)

• Like 1

I think every centre is being done a bit differently - we haven't received any further instructions re. the equipment and I imagine will be told if we need to buy anything on the first day.

We also didn't have a zoom (though I know some other centres have) but we have been told to come in at the start of the first class (same as a few years ago) so I guess it's up to each teacher/venue how they are handling the welcome/info bits and pieces. 

6 hours ago, Neverdancedjustamum said:

We got the invoice but not the other emails,  and didn’t have a zoom meeting either. Hope we’ve not missed emails -have checked my junk.  Thanks! 

3 hours ago, Waverley said:

I think every centre is being done a bit differently - we haven't received any further instructions re. the equipment and I imagine will be told if we need to buy anything on the first day.

We also didn't have a zoom (though I know some other centres have) but we have been told to come in at the start of the first class (same as a few years ago) so I guess it's up to each teacher/venue how they are handling the welcome/info bits and pieces. 

Yes that sounds about right then must be how it’s being done 😀

7 hours ago, Noideaaboutballet said:

Hi everyone. I can’t find the answer to this anywhere so I hope you can help! What do you do with the ribbon when it is a Y6 bun? Do you wrap it around the bun and tie a bow? If so is it at the top or the bottom? Any help would be appreciated as we are such novices at all of this! 🥴 Thank you! 

Have you been told that Y6s should have a bun? Our JA teacher preferred crossed plaits all the way through. We made the bows on hair slides, so that could be added at the last minute before going into class and not get squashed in the car 🤣

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Noideaaboutballet said:

Hi everyone. I can’t find the answer to this anywhere so I hope you can help! What do you do with the ribbon when it is a Y6 bun? Do you wrap it around the bun and tie a bow? If so is it at the top or the bottom? Any help would be appreciated as we are such novices at all of this! 🥴 Thank you! 

Seems like it varies by centre judging by some of the responses here...Our teacher in Bath was quite relaxed and we saw a mix of buns and ribbons! Some had it wrapped round and tied, sometimes the bow was at the top, some had it at the side and some at the bottom...I found the best way for us was to use a short piece of ribbon, then tie a small bow the size you want and use a kirby clip to stick it into the bun rather than wrap it round and tie it...xx