Visiting Stage Door/Royal Ballet Dancers post-Covid

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I Personally only know one person who had a really bad reaction to either of the vaccines and that was to the Pfizer injection after the first jab because it caused a highly allergic skin reaction which she is still suffering from and so hasn’t  had a second jab yet and I don’t think she will now though I’ve encouraged her to talk to GP etc. She is somebody who does have severe hay fever and other type skin reactions normally but this was really severe. I believe Pfizer are looking into other cases similar to hers. 
However she is the only one so these things are rare. I wonder if they may react with any drugs people may be taking for other conditions.
That is really bad luck though AnnaC but I’m sure a third dose of any shot will have milder effects anyway ....she says  hopefully! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beryl H said:

The NHS are also using Moderna as the booster, don't think you get a choice though. I should get mine around early November.

Moderna is an mRNA vaccine like Pfizer though, so hopefully the side effects will be similar.

I didn't visit the stage door in Nottingham but I did have to pass it to get back to my hotel.

Because I'd been talking to chums in the foyer, some of the dancers were coming out by the time I was passing and they all looked pleased to see me there.

I think that as long as you act carefully (in the current circumstances) and don't breach protocols you will be welcomed.

• Like 5

On 19/09/2021 at 14:06, Beryl H said:

One thing I will remember to take to London is a thinner face mask for inside the theatre, and use my 3-layer one for public transport! I don't think the Theatre Royal has air-conditioning, it was sweltering on Thursday and my thick mask didn't help!

I've booked to see Midnight Bell again at SW!

Well, as far as that's concerned, I'm afraid there seemed to be precious little compliance with SW's Covid guidance last night - and no pre-performance announcement, unless it took place quite a way before the performance started.  I was very surprised, having been to ENB last week, where the audience were specifically asked to wear masks.

• Like 2