Wanting to study ballet & A levels

Mrsmac

11 hours ago, ptd said:

Thank you for this info, as i have been trying to do up a similar summary myself for my DD who is planning applying for entry to upper schools for Sept 22.  She has just come back from a week a senior summer school at Elmhurst and absolutely loved the experience.   As she is only 15 now and will be 16 on entry in 2022, we are only looking at schools that offer A Level or continued own country equivalent (we are not UK based) support and boarding and if she doesn't get offered a place for 2022 she will continue to complete her education at home and apply for full time training (without A level or similar) for entry September 2023 when at that time she will have completed her formal education.  Really feel it is so important that they finish their formal education if it is possible to do so.

I do think it's important to note that in the UK there is no one set way of "completing your formal education."  In a sense this is actually done age 16 with GCSE exams. Young people then choose from a myriad of options which include A Levels, Btec Diplomas, T Levels (a new post 16 qualification which will be phased in as Btec's are phased out), apprentiships and for vocational performing arts students the Trinity Level 6 Diploma.  All of these routes include an academic element and all of them can lead to a university degree.  

My daughter enjoys academia and so for her it was important for her to attend a school where she could combine vocational training with at least a couple of A levels.  My son on the other hand chose to enrol on a more practical Btec Extended diploma and he will be applying to university with that qualification.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...