Getting "pinged" by the NHS Covid-19 Test and Trace app

capybara

2 hours ago, LinMM said:

I hope there’s a way of recording a negative test result without having to have the NHS App! 

There are TWO NHS apps - just to confuse us all! 

There's the overall NHS app, which gives you quick access to repeat prescription ordering, your medical info, and the evidence  & details of your COVID vaccination status.

Then there's the Track & Trace app, which pings people, and the whole thing has never really worked because there's no joined up thinking to information about where you were in contact with a positive case, and so on.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, LinMM said:

Well if theatres are requiring vaccine passports then they must want tests as well ....only because having had the vaccine doesn’t mean you cannot catch Covid. 

So not sure why they need the vaccination certification as well ... as a negative test should be sufficient in the end. 
I hope there’s a way of recording a negative test result without having to have the NHS App! 

it depends what you mean by ‘test’ ?lateral flow tests are pretty poor at picking up positive cases and that’s if people do them properly (or at all). 

‘NHS’ track and trace is nothing to do with the NHS is it! I know some people don’t have a suitable device but for the many who do can’t you just show the vaccine passport on the NHS app (the actual NHS app not t&t!) in real time and avoid the faff of printing and dates. Or is that not allowed?

6 hours ago, Peony said:

it depends what you mean by ‘test’ ?lateral flow tests are pretty poor at picking up positive cases and that’s if people do them properly (or at all). 

‘NHS’ track and trace is nothing to do with the NHS is it! I know some people don’t have a suitable device but for the many who do can’t you just show the vaccine passport on the NHS app (the actual NHS app not t&t!) in real time and avoid the faff of printing and dates. Or is that not allowed?

As @Peony says if asked to show a vaccine passport I would hope to do it from the NHS app, takes seconds to download and has no medical details just a qr code. I no longer have a printer. 
PCR tests I’ve had as part of the ONS research and lateral flows are recorded using my NHS number so will be on my medical record so would hope are linked to the qr code. 

I will try to sort out with the non Serco NHS App. 
Id be happy just to show my vaccination card etc nice and easy but I suppose this could be open to abuse without some other form of ID as who knows if it’s really your card or not 🤔 

• 3 weeks later...

I just got “pinged” this morning 
The only thing is I don’t have the NHS App!!  
The message came in a text from the NHS to say I’d been in contact with somebody with Covid and a link in the message to order a test. 
Is this a new scam? 
I haven’t been near a GP surgery for over three months or a Hospital for over 18 months so don’t feel the text can have come from that scenario. 
I can’t think of another way I’d be contacted unless I had the App🤔 

Only the City Lit on Tuesday. 
I already emailed them and they have not forwarded my number and suggest it could be a friend ...however the friends I’ve been in contact with over past ten days would definitely tell me personally! 
Anyway it’s since been decided that it’s not from Track and Trace so is a scam!  

It’s now officially been declared a scam! 

I just noticed it’s Friday 13th today I’m guessing somebody has a warped sense of humour 😡 

What a lot of bother contacting everybody relevant but better safe than sorry. 
If I can post the text here I will in case anybody else gets caught out by this scam.