BRB and archival rehearsal footage on social media

BRB keep on releasing snippets of archival rehearsal footage on the company's social media platforms.

The latest one is a rehearsal of the final duet from Two Pigeons danced by Nao Sakuma and Robert Parker.

I especially remember one Saturday afternoon in Birmingham when they were so wonderful together that you couldn't hear the music as most of the audience was sobbing out loud.  Thanks to BRB for this wonderful memory.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CRRtHkhoJaa/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Like 6

Beautiful Janet.  But where are the pigeons? Surely they need rehearsing too (or their RB handlers do). I can't remember if I've ever had the pleasure of seeing BRB do it, only the RB.  Several times something went wrong with the pigeon handling.  I think Vadim was the only one who was able to manage them. I also remember what a stunning Girl Beatrix was. I'd been looking forward to seeing her reprise that role but alas not to be.

I may be wrong but I think the pigeons are only rehearsed in the theatre.  I've certainly seen a dress rehearsal in a theatre where the pigeons were used.  

I much prefer the way BRB do Two Pigeons (and I hope they do it again soon).  Yes, the pigeons do not all behave perfectly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jan McNulty said:

I may be wrong but I think the pigeons are only rehearsed in the theatre.  I've certainly seen a dress rehearsal in a theatre where the pigeons were used.  

I much prefer the way BRB do Two Pigeons (and I hope they do it again soon).  Yes, the pigeons do not all behave perfectly.

I see, it does make more sense just to rehearse the pigeons on stage so they're not confused. 

I'm intrigued about what you say, Janet about the differences between RB and BRB Two Pigeons productions.  How do they differ?

1 hour ago, jmhopton said:

I see, it does make more sense just to rehearse the pigeons on stage so they're not confused. 

I'm intrigued about what you say, Janet about the differences between RB and BRB Two Pigeons productions.  How do they differ?

The main difference actually was the size of the stage.  I thought the stage at ROH looked empty and a bit forlorn compared to the smaller stages that BRB perform at.  I'm afraid I also thought that the BRB corps in the gypsy encampment were more invested in the swirling around.

That does not mean to say that I did not enjoy the performances I saw at ROH - well I did see Yuhui and Alex!!

• Like 2