Royal Ballet School annual matinee 2021

The annual matinee was on Sat 10th July.  The digital programme booklet can be found here

https://royalballetschool.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Digital-Summer-Performance-Royal-Opera-House-10-July.pdf

This also (page 15) gives a list of contracts for this years graduates, scattered across the world. Four ladies from the school join the RB Aud Jebsen programme. 

At one point it was announced that last years Aud Jebsen dancers would appear, as they had missed their graduation performance last year, but this didn't happen.  It had also been announced that the performance would be upper school only, but they were able to include an appearance from White Lodge Year 11. 

A packed programme, over three hours in total, including a complete performance of Elite Syncopations. The Defile was a mix of virtual (screened) appearances from White Lodge mixed with the Upper School in person, ingeniously done. 

• Like 9

• alison changed the title to Royal Ballet School annual matinee 2021
On 13/07/2021 at 16:47, JohnS said:

Many thanks Lynette H. The performance was to be filmed and made available to Royal Ballet School supporters so I’m hoping very much this happens.

Also hoping very much that there'll be a recorded version. In the meantime, Dance Tabs has a very interesting review:

https://dancetabs.com/2021/07/royal-ballet-school-summer-show-roh-main-stage-london-2/

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Yaffa said:

Congratulations to all the graduates on their contracts! I believe the lovely Julia Petanova is joining the Norwegian National Ballet 2 ( not the RB’s Aud Jebsen programme as stated in the review).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Springbourne3 said:

Congratulations to all the graduates on their contracts! I believe the lovely Julia Petanova is joining the Norwegian National Ballet 2 ( not the RB’s Aud Jebsen programme as stated in the review).

Yes I had also read that somewhere.  I wish she were joining the Aud Jebsen dancers.  She is a gorgeous dancer and I hope to see her again in London soon.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sim said:

Yes I had also read that somewhere.  I wish she were joining the Aud Jebsen dancers.  She is a gorgeous dancer and I hope to see her again in London soon.  

I agree about Julia Petanova - simply lovely. She will surely do well with Norwegian Ballet and that company has been a stepping stone into The Royal Ballet in the past - definitely for Elizabeth Harrod but maybe for someone else as well?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, capybara said:

I agree about Julia Petanova - simply lovely. She will surely do well with Norwegian Ballet and that company has been a stepping stone into The Royal Ballet in the past - definitely for Elizabeth Harrod but maybe for someone else as well?

Let’s hope so, Capybara!  🤞🤞

• Like 1

I hope we don't have to wait too long for Trevitt Junior to return from The Australian Ballet. He looked stunning in the extract from Swan Lake posted recently. 

13 hours ago, Sim said:
16 hours ago, Springbourne3 said:

Yes I totally agree and I was surprised that she wasn’t going to be an Aud Jebsen dancer to be honest - would love to of seen her dancing with the RB!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, capybara said:

Yes and also Hayley Forskitt (Maloney) was previously with the Norwegian National Ballet before the Royal.

• Like 1

Was Guilia Frosi also with the Norwegian Company? She is a lovely dancer too and disappointed she didn’t join the Royal a couple of years back now. 
I may have spelled her name wrongly though.