Tring Easter School

swanprincess

Hi all!

I'm thinking of applying for the Tring easter ballet course, but have a few questions. Firstly, about the online payment thing- once my dad has paid, does that automatically mean I definitely get a place? What are the dormitories at Tring like? How many girls are in one dorm? And is the food good??

Thanks!

Sophie :)

Hello Swanprincess

DD has attended Tring Easter school a number of times. Firstly it isn't wholly ballet, there's tap and modern/jazz aswell. Younger students are in the main house in larger dormitories, the older ones, I think from about 12, are in rooms for 2 or 3. DD never complained about the food, so must be good. Don't know about the application process - it used to be by post and you heard nearer the time.

Millie

• Like 1

Yes, we always used to pay by cheque, but you could ring them on Monday and ask; they are very helpful. The only time my dd ever complained about food at Tring was one Christmas weekend where it said supper was provided - supper was sausage rolls served during Miss Rist's welcome talk and dd didn't eat any! They offered to make her spicy super noodles which she didn't like and eventually gave her a bowl of coco pops :-)

The following year she ate the sausage rolls AND packed a lot of tuck! But she's a fussy eater and never complained about the food at Easter School, so it must have been fine. :-)

My DD didn't have any complaints about the food as such, except to say that it wasn't exactly healthy 'dancer type' food. Supper the first night was bagels and doughnuts, both of which I never give her! The other meals were school dinnerish but nice she said, catering more towards getting the kids to eat something (so pizza, sausages, chicken nuggets etc) rather than particularly healthy.

Thanks for the tip re food at Xmas weekend, I'll be packing plenty of healthy snacks then, sausage rolls being a complete no no in our house :wacko:

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!! So is it basically first-come-first-served with the allocation of places? What are the classes like? Also, although Ive done a bit of modern, I've never really done any tap: will that matter? Sorry for all the questions, just wanted to know before I apply!! :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, my daughter did the Easter dance course last year. I'm not sure about the online payment thing, we sent a check with the application forms. I distinctly remember that I got an email in the Febuary half term confirming that she had a place and they paid the cheque in that week. My daughter was 10 when she went (in year5) and she was in a dormitory of 7 girls in the main house. I have to say, they were all lovely girls and they became a very, very tight knit group during the week. The room was lovely and plenty big enough to house 7.

My Daughter is a fairly choosy eater, although what she does eat, she eats loads of, especialy when dancing!! She won't eat school dinners at her school but she had no issues at all with the food at Tring.

The days are long and tiring, not much sleep was had the first night as they were all very excited, but they soon realised that they needed to sleep in order to dance all day! They are grouped according to ballet grades and experience and there were a couple of children in her group who had very little experience at tap, but they were all catered for.

I would highly recommend it, she loved it so much she has applied for full time. Good luck x

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice! :) Yes, I think it is the food that my mum was worried about, as I am quite fussy- I have always been very 'healthy', so don't eat burgers, chips etc!! Are the students allowed to bring 'nibbles' from home, to keep in the dorm? (Just thinking I could perhaps take some cereal bars or fruit for between meals, lol!)

I think all the girls in my daughters dorm had a few snacks with them, and there was always fruit available in the dining hall. I am sure you will have a good time, the house mistress in charge of the dorm was lovely too! They do seem very helpful there and I am sure they would be happy to answer any questions you have. Good luck and enjoy it x

• Like 2