The Scholars RA audition (Renaissance Arts Scholars, Leeds)

BusyDancemum

48 minutes ago, BusyDancemum said:

Did anyones DC attend the auditions yesterday?  My dd did and said it was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

No, but my DD will be starting in her 3rd year with Scholars in Sept and she loves it, she is also auditioning for full time there for next Sept and Mr Howland has certainly brought back her passion for ballet over the past few years.  It is a very good programme with high quality training.  Huge good luck to your DD 

Edited by Milzmam
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Milzmam said:

No, but my DD will be starting in her 3rd year with Scholars in Sept and she loves it, she is also auditioning for full time there for next Sept and Mr Howland has certainly brought back her passion for ballet over the past few years.  It is a very good programme with high quality training.  Huge good luck to your DC 

Thats fab!  My DD has done lots of things over the years and i've never seen her this enthuasiastic.  Good luck to your DD aswell 

• Like 1

Good luck to your DD BusyDancemum. 

My Dd is starting her 5th year with Scholars in September, and loves it. They have been brilliant all through out this crazy past 18 months, and it is somewhere she is seriously considering for full time training. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pixiewoo said:

My Dd is starting her 5th year with Scholars in September, and loves it. They have been brilliant all through out this crazy past 18 months, and it is somewhere she is seriously considering for full time training. 

@Pixiewoothank you so much.  It sounds fantastic!

4 minutes ago, Pixiewoo said:

Is your DD in year 10 now and considering for Sept next year?

2 hours ago, Milzmam said:

Is your DD in year 10 now and considering for Sept next year?

She's going into yr 12 in September, and thinking about it for post 18. She's doing A levels at local 6th form for plans B, C & D !!! 

• Jan McNulty changed the title to The Scholars RA audition (Renaissance Arts Scholars, Leeds)

Ds loves scholars and will be going into his 3rd (or maybe 4th 🤔) year in September. Martin Howland is fantastic and it’s great for the boys to have a male role model. I echo Pixiewoo’s comments about how fabulous they have been throughout the last year too. He put a couple of clips of the audition choreo on his Instagram - Howlyballet. 

• Like 1

Just now, Milzmam said:

Thats great news, Im sure she will love it.  Huge well done to her!

Is she doing the summer intensive?  

Thank you!! Not as yet but I’m going to book her on today if there’s still places.  Also wondering whether to do the vocals class? Do most do it do you know?

1 minute ago, BusyDancemum said:

Thank you!! Not as yet but I’m going to book her on today if there’s still places.  Also wondering whether to do the vocals class? Do most do it do you know?

I think there are quite a few do the vocal class.  My DD doesnt as she has singing lessons anyway and as the vocal class is normally before the Scholars session it would mean leaving home earlier for us as we live 2 hours away from Leeds.

Might see you at the intensive if you can get her booked on  xx

Just now, Milzmam said:

I think there are quite a few do the vocal class.  My DD doesnt as she has singing lessons anyway and as the vocal class is normally before the Scholars session it would mean leaving home earlier for us as we live 2 hours away from Leeds.

Might see you at the intensive if you can get her booked on  xx

Yes hopefully fingers crossed 🤞 

37 minutes ago, Springflower said:

We have no news either so thinking it must be a no ☹

We’re thinking the same but I would have thought they’d have emailed the nos as well today? I’m sure we’ll hear tomorrow. DD is okay about it, she thought it was a really hard audition and wasn’t at all confident. 

8 minutes ago, DanceMamma said:

We’re thinking the same but I would have thought they’d have emailed the nos as well today? I’m sure we’ll hear tomorrow. DD is okay about it, she thought it was a really hard audition and wasn’t at all confident. 

Yes I thought nos would have been sent the same day too, they did say we would hear by Friday either way...maybe they are still deciding on some 🤷‍♀️. Mine found it hard too but really enjoyed it! Was your DD in the younger group too? She said there was some very strong dancers

Congratulations to the yeses, and fingers crossed for those still to hear.

DD used to do the vocal class,  and after a couple of years of not doing it,  is adding it back in! She enjoyed singing in a group, learning musical theatre songs and adding some movement to it.  All ages are mixed together, and I think about 1/3 of the scholars do it. Mr Rigg is excellent.   ( DD has singing lessons, but says the vocal class complements them as she won't have the opportunity to sing in a choir at college.) 

Scholars is a 90 minute drive away for us, and we decided that she might as well add vocals back in , in that we were already there! 😆

• 1 month later...
On 05/09/2021 at 12:30, Pixiewoo said:

Arghhhhh! No parking available at Quarry Hill!

Going to have to be Leeds Market NCP! 

I know, nightmare. Luckily I knew about it as there wasnt any when dd did the summer intensive, sorry didnt think to put it on here.  I parked in Templar Street car park behind Sports Direct, cheaper than I used to pay at Quarry Hill and only a 5 min walk to Northern Ballet.  Think I will be dropping off and then parking in the winter months though as cant imagine dd being very happy walking in her leotard, haha

What did your dd think about dancing in masks?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milzmam said:

I know, nightmare. Luckily I knew about it as there wasnt any when dd did the summer intensive, sorry didnt think to put it on here.  I parked in Templar Street car park behind Sports Direct, cheaper than I used to pay at Quarry Hill and only a 5 min walk to Northern Ballet.  Think I will be dropping off and then parking in the winter months though as cant imagine dd being very happy walking in her leotard, haha

What did your dd think about dancing in masks?

I parked in Maude Street car park, and there is a fair bit of 'on street' parking around there on 'the calls' ... if i can work out how to get to the calls !!! 😁 ( cost me less than quarry hill too! ) although I felt a bit conspicuous sitting in my car reading! I did think about Edward Street/Templar Street, but as DD has to be there for 12.45(ish) for vocal and then finishes at 5.30, or even later when there is the pointe class, it was too long to park there without it costing a small fortune! 

I'll be dropping off and then parking too in winter, although picking up was chaos. Will have to ensure DD actually puts some clothing on to leave the building 😅

DD wasn't too impressed about dancing in a mask, she assumed the wearing of a mask at all times was outside of classes! ! She didn't like singing in a mask either. How was your DD about it?

Edited by Pixiewoo