Insurance for summer schools

Workhard_Dreambig

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, does anyone know about insurance for summer school for a day student, not residential please? Where would I go for this/do people even buy this insurance? Struggling to find anything online. 

Thinking same as @SJBallet in case of illness, injury or dare I say covid related isolation.

Thank you. 

6 hours ago, SJBallet said:

@BalletmumHdo you have general travel insurance? Could you give them a ring and see if they will cover it? 

I don't however have I've bought a single trip policy for DD for the 6 days which covers cancellation due to covid 19, illness and injury so hoping that is what I need. Also hoping we won't need it!! 

Thanks for your reply. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrsKrabz said:

Hi @BalletmumH Just wondering what company you used as I'm really confused with it all, I don't have travel insurance included with my bank account :(

In case it helps, I also had to do this. I found that of the companies I looked at, Axa and LV both cover for being Covid positive, and for having to self-isolate (some don't cover for the latter, but it seemed to me pretty important). I had to buy a single trip policy for myself, even though I won't be on the trip, but naming the child as a traveller (a child obviously cannot be the policy holder). I spoke to both companies on the phone and explained exactly what I needed, and they were both really helpful. 

• Like 1

On 26/07/2021 at 08:06, MrsKrabz said:

Hi @BalletmumH Just wondering what company you used as I'm really confused with it all, I don't have travel insurance included with my bank account :(

Hi @MrsKrabz@MrsKrabz sorry for the delayed reply... I did a search on compare the market and came up with Southdowns which is part of the Axa group. It allowed me put my DD as the policy holder with my bank details etc. 

• 1 year later...

Anyone got recommendations & an idea of cost of travel insurance for a typical 5 week USA Summer Intensive?

Our bank cover won't cover if not travelling with a parent (not even if over 18!) so looks like have to buy a separate policy - & seems annual with a longer stay add on may actually be cheaper than single trip policy.....