Royal Ballet at Yeo Valley, Somerset, July 17th and 18th 2021

Guest oncnp

Guest oncnp
14 hours ago, oncnp said:

Not sure where to put this but another outdoor dance festival (via Claire Calvert, Royal Ballet)

Additional Information for the Dance in Somerset Event - Yeo Valley Organic

Tickets https://yeo-valley-events.ticketlight.co.uk/

I asked about the seating arrangements and received this in reply:

Seats will be allocated on arrival. The performance area will have rows of chairs.

https://www.yeovalley.co.uk/come-and-visit-us/dance-in-somerset/

ADDRESS

• Street: Holt Farm, Bath Road
  • Postcode: BS40 7SQ
  • City: Blagdon
  • County: Somerset

The Yeo Valley Organic Garden will be hosting a unique and special event with Muse à Muse.

Witness guest dancers of The Royal Ballet, one of the world’s greatest ballet companies, perform classical and contemporary dances, which includes live musicians and a singer, with the impressive backdrop of the Organic Garden and Blagdon Lake.

Whilst visiting take the opportunity to enjoy a variety of stalls selling food and drinks. We kindly ask that you do not bring your own food and drink to this event.

Proceeds will go to supporting The Royal Opera House Covent Garden Foundation, Registered Charity No. 211775

Casting as currently listed: Avis, Campbell, Calvert, Clarke, Corrales, Dixon, Edmonds, Hayward, Kaneko,

Magri, Nunez, O’Sullivan, Watson

Musicians: Clark, Shipway, Vasiliev,  Gillespie Sells

Tickets from the link above: adults £89.25 inc booking fee, kids under 12 £53.00

Edited by Mandy Kent
Add address
  • Like 1

I also asked about seating … as at £90 for tickets (including booking fee) I’d want a decent sightline.  Not entirely convinced by this answer 🤔 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HI Fiona,

Many thanks for your contact, and interest in attending our ballet event, we are very excited! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity!

Seating will be allocated on arrival – numbered tickets will be handed out, and chairs will be numbered accordingly.

Stage is raised 2ft.

Seating is on a very slight gradient down to the stage.

We are keeping audience numbers relatively low, and we anticipate no more than 20 rows.

Hope that helps, and we can look forward to welcoming you to the garden in July.

With Kind Regards

2 hours ago, simonbfisher said:

Fiona, how did you make contact? I sent an email and a message on their website on 28 June and have also left phone message - no luck so far!

I emailed and had the above reply … 12 days later!!! 

I can only assume that ‘events’ is a part-time role. 

Edited by FionaE
Clarification
  • Like 1

I have communicated with them too because their website doesn't make it clear where Yeo Valley is and provides no information about public transport access etc.

I received a reply 4 days later which was unhelpful - for example, the very occasional bus from Bristol takes around 90 minutes to reach Yeo Valley and that kind of information should either be available online or provided on request (or probably advised against!!!!).

Although I obviously cannot attend the performance, I have interacted some more with the Events contact at Yeo Valley (yes - very part-time) with a view to them improving their website.

• Like 2

I agree that the Yeo website doesn’t make it clear where the event is taking place! I did put the full address of Holt Farm in my initial post above. I trust it is correct, however if any one of you who has commented above should speak to an admin please can you confirm . I imagine that car/ taxi etc will be the only way

https://www.yeovalley.co.uk/come-and-visit-us/dance-in-somerset/

ADDRESS

• Street: Holt Farm, Bath Road
  • Postcode: BS40 7SQ
  • City: Blagdon
  • County: Somerset

. Best wishes 

Mandy 

Edited by Mandy Kent
Add address

3 hours ago, alison said:

Ooh, a one-prince Rose Adage?  Should be interesting.

I was wondering that.  Then realised Ed Watson and Nicol Edmonds have played Rose Adagio princes many times, and they are both there, so maybe we’ll get 4 princes?  Plenty of others to fill-in.  Reece?  Leo?  Matty?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alison said:

Ooh, a one-prince Rose Adage?  Should be interesting.

3 hours ago, FionaE said:

I was wondering that.  Then realised Ed Watson and Nicol Edmonds have played Rose Adagio princes many times, and they are both there, so maybe we’ll get 4 princes?  Plenty of others to fill-in.  Reece?  Leo?  Matty?

BRB released footage of a studio rehearsal of the Rose Adagio a couple of years ago where only 2 Princes were on hand - one being Chi Cao and I think the other was Iain Mackay.  So not impossible and maybe fun.

• Like 1

Guest oncnp

If anyone would like to see what the setup looks like check @maymagrioffical IG stories (currently the 4th one)

Edited by oncnp

Fantastic programme that we’ve heard of so far.  Daichi performing Rhapsody.   Looks like Alexander Campbell is doing a solo from Dances at a Gathering.  

Fully expecting to melt while watching .. 3pm start on a hot summer’s day! 🥵 

now … how to get a seat with decent sight line?  🤔  (I’m going on Sunday)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FionaE said:

Fantastic programme that we’ve heard of so far.  Daichi performing Rhapsody.   Looks like Alexander Campbell is doing a solo from Dances at a Gathering.  

Fully expecting to melt while watching .. 3pm start on a hot summer’s day! 🥵 

now … how to get a seat with decent sight line?  🤔  (I’m going on Sunday)

Is the seating unreserved? It looks my idea of a nightmare, sitting in direct sunshine at this time of year, staring at the back of someone’s head (they’re bound to have a big floppy hat on 👒

Guest oncnp
1 hour ago, capybara said:

[I hope the seats are more raked than they appear to be in the photo.]

Looks pretty flat. I think "Seating is on a very slight gradient down to the stage." was how they responded to @FionaE

Edited by oncnp