• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, bangorballetboy said:

Pleased to see that Joonhyuk Jun is showing on the cast sheet as the Bluebird tonight.

Yes. Good news, especially for him. There must have been some re-jigging.

Jun is also in Anemoi.

6 minutes ago, oncnp said:

Streaming starts at 8pm BST on 9 July 2021 

My receipt for the just-ordered stream (paid this morn) clearly states “The event will start at 7pm BST on 9 July 2021.”  I realize that we’ll have access for one month but I want the joy of experiencing it live, if at all possible. I’m even planning my dressy frock for my virtual trip to the ROH, with ice cream at intervals, just like in the old days. 😉 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Jeannette said:

My receipt for the just-ordered stream (paid this morn) clearly states “The event will start at 7pm BST on 9 July 2021.”  I realize that we’ll have access for one month but I want the joy of experiencing it live, if at all possible. I’m even planning my dressy frock for my virtual trip to the ROH, with ice cream at intervals, just like in the old days. 😉 

Odd.. the website says 8 PM...and they've never gone out truly "live" in the past. There has always been at least a 30  minute delay. Still, first time for everything. 

Edited by oncnp

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, oncnp said:

Streaming starts at 8pm BST on 9 July 2021 

Which I assume is 2pm Jeannette Daylight Time 

I guess the stream starts an hour later than the live performance so they don’t have to have an interval 

Edited by Rob S
  • Like 2

I can't imagine that it could go out live, given that they have to splice in this other piece while Osipova is doing the Ek.  Far too complicated, surely?  Plus there are two intervals they are going to have to "massage" out - unless they're going to have those "live", too.

22 minutes ago, alison said:

I can't imagine that it could go out live, given that they have to splice in this other piece while Osipova is doing the Ek.  Far too complicated, surely?  Plus there are two intervals they are going to have to "massage" out - unless they're going to have those "live", too.

I think it’s Magri doing Woman with Water tonight 

6 minutes ago, Rob S said:

It is indeed.

More fool whoever has the copyright to it.  They are missing a chance of getting a piece of Ek's work out there to a wide audience...who are sadly missing an excellent performance and interpretation of this work.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bangorballetboy said:

I think it might be the rights to the music rather than the choreography

Even worse!  I guess they should have sorted that out in advance...but I don't know what the agreements and deals are.  Seems a shame that because of music copyright the piece is not able to be shown.

7 hours ago, Ian Macmillan said:

Yes, the one I found for Links under a headline saying "Agnes Dei."  But "a little Latin and less Greek" knew better .....

24 minutes ago, capybara said:

But a bonus for Leo Dixon to be seen in Angus Dei.

First Agnes, now Angus...

Autocorrect is wreaking havoc with this one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rob S said:

Ah, thank you.  I'd assumed it was "first cast" night tonight since it was being streamed.  Of course, the Ek isn't being streamed.

1 hour ago, Lizbie1 said:

First Agnes, now Angus...

Autocorrect is wreaking havoc with this one.

🤭Autocorrect and failure to read over before posting as the tube train went into a tunnel.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Sim said:

Even worse!  I guess they should have sorted that out in advance...but I don't know what the agreements and deals are.  Seems a shame that because of music copyright the piece is not able to be shown.

Jann Parry's interview with Ek on Dancetabs says that woman with water won't be filmed because the Royal Swedish Ballet (by whom it was commissioned) has retained the media rights.

Edited by Jane S
  • Like 4

Well, I'm just sitting here enjoying my ice cream. :)

ONCNP was right. Unlike the receipt, the streaming site now indicates "Coming Soon" at 8pm BST, 3pm EST.

Here is the link to a clearer look at the cast sheet & order of the Diverts - with Agnus Dei coming first:

09.07.21-live-stream.pdf (roh.org.uk)

Also within the streaming site is this notice about the Ek piece:

As the original commissioners have sole media rights for Mats Ek’s woman with water, this divertissement will not be included in the streamed version of this performance.

It's not well known, but there's a mediaeval triptych of Angus Dei on the wall of a monastic hermitage deep in the Cairngorms.  Agnes Dei was his sister, but I'm unaware of any extant painting of her.

• Like 12

• alison changed the title to Royal Ballet: Beauty Mixed Programme, July 2021