Is it possible to "ignore" a topic?

As I suspect a number of people do, I tend to cycle through new posts in the forums that interest me by clicking on "next unread topic" at the bottom of the page. However that inevitably means that I might have to go past threads I have no interest in - or that might actively irritate me (which is my problem I know!).

Is there a way to ignore a topic so that you don't have to see it, just as you can ignore a contributor?

On 24/06/2021 at 18:01, Lizbie1 said:

As I suspect a number of people do, I tend to cycle through new posts in the forums that interest me by clicking on "next unread topic" at the bottom of the page. However that inevitably means that I might have to go past threads I have no interest in - or that might actively irritate me (which is my problem I know!).

Is there a way to ignore a topic so that you don't have to see it, just as you can ignore a contributor?

No, not as far as I can see.

This perhaps because 'unread' by definition means you haven't looked at it, so the system would have means of flagging a post as something you wouldn't want to read, especially as the forum threads are often fluid and vye off the main topic as people's discussions meander. The only way is to ignore in your list.

• 2 years later...

I'd hoped to be able to remind people that they could Ignore a thread they find boring/distressing/of no interest, but then I scrolled down the page and found this thread.  A poor decision by Invision, in my book - many forum softwares do have the facility :(