Hammond and tring at sixth form

Pointytoes22

Are Hammond and tring still considered to be good schools at sixth form, particulary for strong classical training?

I'm asking because i thought they do lots of dance styles rather than the emphasis being on ballet as it is at rbs, elmhurst, enbs and central. Does this mean their classical training isn't so strong? Do many graduates go onto classical careers?

• Like 1

Don't know about Hammond but several recent graduates from the Tring over last couple of years are now dancing with Ballet Theatre UK who are an amazing young newly established touring Company. They most definately have fantastic classical training? We've seen Nutcracker, Snow Queen and A Christmas Carol and are now eagerly looking forward to Alice in the spring! They tour round the uk and are based around Leicester I think . Has anyone else had the pleasure of seeing them?

• Like 2

There are threads about Ballet Theatre UK on other forums- it is indeed an excellent company. I would post more but as I have personal contacts with the company I try not to as my view is definately biased. But nonetheless I think it compares very well with other touring companies which I've seen.

There are also other threads about Tring so it might be worth looking at those. It certainly attracts a wide variety of comments! But you might also like to know that a young lady has just joined ENB company (as have others in the past.) And last year at the international cecchetti competition at the Lowry, Tring had more students through to the final than any other of the competing vocational schools.

I currently have three students there (6th form) who are all very happy and I'm very satisfied of the high standard of classical training although two of them will be looking for more commercial work as this is where their strengths are. The other is hoping for a classical career and has chosen to be there rather than RBS and is thriving!

But once again I will say that if you only ever want to do ballet , then consider other places instead. The standard required to be in the top ballet sets at Tring is incredibly high. And it is these sets that do the most classical training.

• Like 2

We've seen Nutcracker, Snow Queen and A Christmas Carol and are now eagerly looking forward to Alice in the spring! They tour round the uk and are based around Leicester I think . Has anyone else had the pleasure of seeing them?

Hi Belleballerina, we have also seen all their work but Christmas Carol hasn't got to us yet - we have tickets and can't wait!