Central School of Ballet Associates- info and experiences pls

Macy1

Hi - left it too late to apply for Central associates this year, but their recent building move posts have reminded me to look for a bit more info. So I know I’ve missed this year’s application (I think!) but can’t find much info on here about the associates scheme as opposed the the school itself. So- any current associate families- I know lockdown/zoom will have given different experiences but (normally) how big are the classes? Is the teaching consistent ie same teacher each week so gets to know your child? Do you think your children have progressed- any first hand comparisons with other  schemes also welcome! Thanks in advance!

Edited by Macy1

• Macy1 changed the title to Central School of Ballet Associates- info and experiences pls

DD2 about to go into her 5th and final year at Central and is looking forward to being in the new studios.

DD1 also spent two years in the Central Associate programme.

Yes you get the same teachers every week for ballet, contemporary and Pilates. Classes have ranged from 14-20 dancers. We have found the teaching to be excellent and opportunities such as creative choreography days to be a fun addition to weekly classes.

It's also (in our view) a very good value scheme. Even in the younger classes you get a lot of hours and a variety of classes.

Feel free to PM if you would like any more info.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

My DD will be joining prep 3 in September. Our acceptances have to be in by 2.7.21 so I imagine not long after that we will receive all the info needed but so I can be prepared can any one advise me please how much the leotards are, any other uniform needed. Type of ballet shoes, etc… I realise things may change but from previous years any ideas what time prep 3 may start & finish? 

Is anyone else joining prep 3 this September? 
I will be in & out of London as I have a younger child who I need to get to their regular Saturday class. Luckily for us we come into Blackfriars so it’s not even a 5 min walk to the studios from there. 

we’re very excited to be joining Central & meeting other families there. 

When my dd was there, the uniform changed after Prep 1 and again the year after she left Pre-Seniors (😳££) but if I remember rightly, it was a very nice, very flattering Dans-ez leotard in a different shade/belt for each group, a sheer black dance skirt for Pre-Senior character, and the ballet leotard with black tights over for Contemporary.

Most girls wore canvas split soles and their usual pointe shoes for ballet, RAD character shoes for Character and bare feet or foot thongs for Contemporary.

More recent parents will correct me if I’m wrong but I think that the leotard is now the same colour for Preps 1-3 but with different belts, only changing to a darker green leo for Pre-Seniors?  Leotard, skirt and ?belt were ordered via the school, tights and shoes were from anywhere.