Getting into vocational school in year 8

DanceMamma

5 hours ago, balletbean said:

If anyone asked me now, would you do it all over again? Mmmm I may not. But then we don’t have any regrets either. We started off on a slow stroll until about yr9, winding up to the 100m sprint by the start of yr11 (audition season)!! 

It is terribly difficult as it’s not just one element ie homework to sort out (if only life was that simple) it’s a whole plethora of things to consider . Including demands from other siblings, work commitments, health, wealth, friendships, school trips, sports days 😩social life (what ever that is🤣)  etc ..........  

What works for one might not work for another. By all means listen to others but don’t question yourself and been swayed by peer pressure. You will know deep down what is the right thing for your Dd and your family. 

I wish you all the best. Just remember nothing is set in stone, every dancers  journey to their end goal is different. 🩰🤞🏼

Family circumstances have been key for us too. I was always the ‘ballet parent’, and between JAs, festivals and workshops would often be tied up with taxiing DD to dance during weekends and school holidays.

My younger child has loved having his mum back since DD started at vocational school, and now exeat weekends and school holidays mean quality time with his big sister too!

• Like 7