Elmhurst Summer School 2021

Lara Eschler

6 hours ago, OnlyDance said:

Congratulations to the DC with places! My DD has also been offered a place - she's very excited 😊. Bit of a random question, does anyone know if they are allowed to take hair dryers? 

Hairdryers are fine, but not hairspray or other aerosols because they set off the fire alarms… gel mist or pots of gel plus water spray and a stick deodorant are the way to go! 

(Sliders are also useful for getting to and from the showers!)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Hi quick question, the deposit is paid by parent pay which I've done but I haven't had any email confirmation that I've paid, other than my bank says £50 paid to parentpay, doesn't even say Elmhurst. Has this been the same for any of you? Am I worrying uneccassrily as usual! 🤣

Yes same here

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Hi quick question, the deposit is paid by parent pay which I've done but I haven't had any email confirmation that I've paid, other than my bank says £50 paid to parentpay, doesn't even say Elmhurst. Has this been the same for any of you? Am I worrying uneccassrily as usual! 🤣

Hi, when i paid i received an email from platform@parentpay.com confirming receipt of payment and it does mention Elmhurst Ballet School with contact details for reference if there are any queries.  

On 08/06/2021 at 06:38, SissonneDoublee said:

Hairdryers are fine, but not hairspray or other aerosols because they set off the fire alarms… gel mist or pots of gel plus water spray and a stick deodorant are the way to go! 

(Sliders are also useful for getting to and from the showers!)

Thank you @SissonneDoublee. She'll be relieved 😀.  We'll put sliders on the "to get" list so thanks for the tip!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, are there any parents of junior summer school starting at the end of August with 13 years old dds? My dd would love to get in touch with some to make few friends before it starts so please pm me if you interested. She is already getting to know a couple of lovely girls from extended young dancers so it would be lovely to hear if there are more here. Many thanks! X

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My DD (also just turned 12) is going, and doesn't know anyone, as far as she knows. Usually we find at these sorts of events that she does actually recognise someone from a different summer school or EYB or her associates, and they sometimes take ages trying to work out where they'd met before!

16 hours ago, Ballerina_girl said:

My daughter is she turns 11 on the first day she doesn’t know anyone will send you a message 😀

Hello I am very new to all this my DS is attending the summer school and is exceptionally nervous to the point I am not sure he will go he is not boarding as he isn’t confident enough to do so so I am staying in Birmingham with him. I know he will be in the minority but if any other boys are there could they get in touch? He gets on so well with girls to so I hope they mix with him aswell 🙁

21 minutes ago, julieoxford1 said:

Hello I am very new to all this my DS is attending the summer school and is exceptionally nervous to the point I am not sure he will go he is not boarding as he isn’t confident enough to do so so I am staying in Birmingham with him. I know he will be in the minority but if any other boys are there could they get in touch? He gets on so well with girls to so I hope they mix with him aswell 🙁

Hi, my ds is 11 and boarding and would enjoy getting in touch. Feel free to message me privately and I can give you his details.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, julieoxford1 said:

my DD would love to come and say hi if you private message me hope he is ok and just tell him he might be confusing nerves with excitement it’s easily done 😀

• Like 1

My daughter is there now and amusing me with WhatsApp updates in every break 😁

I wish I’d found this forum earlier and told her to save her black leotard for the final day, but never mind! She’ll just have to wear it again if she needs to. 

The list of things to take could have been much better if they’d said no hairspray or spray deodorant and if they needed a particular colour of clothes for the sharing of work 🙄 I hope someone else is sharing hair gel or something with my DD or she’ll have a very messy bun 😆

1 hour ago, tutugirl said:

Absolutely heart broken . Stuck in traffic for 5 hours and only caught the finale . If anyone was naughty and got any footage of group A please message me .

I have a Mum in tears here 

Oh no, that's absolutely awful Tutu.  Were you on the M6 - I think there had been yet another accident?

2 hours ago, Jan McNulty said:

Oh no, that's absolutely awful Tutu.  Were you on the M6 - I think there had been yet another accident?

4 hours ago, tutugirl said:

Absolutely heart broken . Stuck in traffic for 5 hours and only caught the finale . If anyone was naughty and got any footage of group A please message me .

I have a Mum in tears here 

Oh no am so sorry xx