Jump to content

Elmhurst Summer School 2021


Recommended Posts

Does anyone have an idea of how big the group will be for the Juniors? Unfortunately, I don't think my DD will be able to attend due to clashes with other summer intensives/camps but was just wondering how many children are usually in this group and whether it's likely to be smaller given the current situation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My DD has been accepted too for the Senior Summer School, first time applying so newbie to all this, would love to hear any feedback, experiences, thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, ptd said:

My DD has been accepted too for the Senior Summer School, first time applying so newbie to all this, would love to hear any feedback, experiences, thanks.

Hi! I went in 2019 and absolutely loved it. Not sure how it’s working this year but I really enjoyed being taught by BRB dancers. Also, my group did Pas de Deux with some of the BRB dancers as well which was an amazing experience (especially for my first time doing pas!). We learnt 3 different rep pieces and a jazz piece for the showing at the end. The food was really nice and it was easy to socialise with everyone else with things like the disco we had. I hope your daughter has fun, it’s an amazing school! 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BalletBear said:

Hi! I went in 2019 and absolutely loved it. Not sure how it’s working this year but I really enjoyed being taught by BRB dancers. Also, my group did Pas de Deux with some of the BRB dancers as well which was an amazing experience (especially for my first time doing pas!). We learnt 3 different rep pieces and a jazz piece for the showing at the end. The food was really nice and it was easy to socialise with everyone else with things like the disco we had. I hope your daughter has fun, it’s an amazing school! 

Thanks so much for your reply, sounds wonderful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BalletBear said:

Hi! I went in 2019 and absolutely loved it. Not sure how it’s working this year but I really enjoyed being taught by BRB dancers. Also, my group did Pas de Deux with some of the BRB dancers as well which was an amazing experience (especially for my first time doing pas!). We learnt 3 different rep pieces and a jazz piece for the showing at the end. The food was really nice and it was easy to socialise with everyone else with things like the disco we had. I hope your daughter has fun, it’s an amazing school! 

My daughter went in 2019 too and would agree with all of this. She too was entranced by her first experience of pas de deux, especially as it was with BRB dancers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Macmac said:

Congratulations everyone, my dd has been accepted too. Would anyone know if children are put in groups based on their age please? X

My DD has been to both junior and senior summer schools in the past and is going again this year. The groups are usually based on age firstly, especially if not known to the school previously, then ability from what we’ve seen in the past

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ballerina_girl said:

Does anyone know if they have a specific type of leotard they like as the uniform for summer school? If anyone has any previous experience 

Girls tend to wear any leotards they like paired with practice skirts throughout the classes. But definitely take a black leotard and black skirt for the sharing of work performance. Although there was more variety in the practice skirts at the senior session performance two years ago.
 

My DD loves this particular summer school and has only missed one in Y8 since she was old enough to go. Now in upper school and going again this year. Hopefully all the new dancers will enjoy it as much too. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, dancefanatic said:

My DD has been to both junior and senior summer schools in the past and is going again this year. The groups are usually based on age firstly, especially if not known to the school previously, then ability from what we’ve seen in the past

Are the boys and girls in the same group? Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, I wonder does anyone know how many students are in the senior summer school and if they are all boarding for the week or is there also day students attending this year?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, dancefanatic said:

Girls tend to wear any leotards they like paired with practice skirts throughout the classes. But definitely take a black leotard and black skirt for the sharing of work performance. Although there was more variety in the practice skirts at the senior session performance two years ago.
 

My DD loves this particular summer school and has only missed one in Y8 since she was old enough to go. Now in upper school and going again this year. Hopefully all the new dancers will enjoy it as much too. 


that’s really helpful thank you! My daughter doesn’t tend to wear practice skirts but has a nice black leotard with a skirt attached that we got because it was in the sale so she can take that aswell as a black leotard plus her leotards 😀

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Louise All Stars said:

Has everyone received a reply yet? We haven’t anything at all yet (except email receipt of application) but not sure if they’re doing acceptances first.  Any ideas? Many thanks x

My DD's friend received a mail saying she is on a waiting list!

Edited by ptd
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Louise All Stars said:

Has everyone received a reply yet? We haven’t anything at all yet (except email receipt of application) but not sure if they’re doing acceptances first.  Any ideas? Many thanks x

For my ds, we received the email on Thursday and we have one week to confirm by playing the deposit. Maybe you could email next week if you have not heard yet. I heard of a few people who can non longer attend as well.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Both my girls have places, 1 on the senior and 1 on the junior. 
My elder daughter has been to the summer school previously and always loved it. My 12 year old daughter will be attending for the first time and is really excited. 
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...