1 hour ago, LinMM said:

Of course you could say the dancers might not want to read and might mind about what we think about who should be promoted or not! 

Maybe, although dancers, and indeed performers in general, must surely expect, and  be used to, comments, criticism, praise and general speculation about their  particular performances, and their wider careers - whether from employers, coaches, audience members, or professional/armchair critics. Sharing views (suitably respectfully and excluding personal matters) on individual dancers, forms a good part of the interesting and informative discussion on this Forum.

Edited by Richard LH
Amplification
  • Like 2

I’ve removed another post because the edit still available. 
I’m doing this as I feel my integrity as a poster has been threatened

Id be quite happy if all my posts on this thread could be removed as no longer contributing to the discussion. 

Edited by LinMM

Hi Lin. I can assure you that your integrity as a poster has in no way been compromised.  As we said above, we only remove posts if we deem them to have broken our AUP, and you have not done that.  

• Like 1

Ignoring the fact that the optics of promoting anyone in this environment doesn’t seem right, the fact is that most other companies have promoted and hired and retrenched during the pandemic.  RB is going to be under pressure to do so.  Or they risk dancers being poached 🤔 

For me, Fumi Kaneko and Anna Rose O’Sullivan have both performed a wide range of principal roles (Fumi was notable in Winters Tale, AR in Juliet) as well as the Sleeping Beauties etc that I find it hard to decide between them.  Can I promote both at the same time? 🤣

I feel Mayara Magri is a year or two behind them ... but starting to get those chances which is good, and right in my opinion!  Bea Stix-Brunell and Melissa Hamilton both seem to have been sidelined more lately whether for injury or preference I don’t know.

Similarly with the men I think both William Bracewell and Cesar Corrales (very different strengths) should have been principals by now.  Reece Clarke to follow in a year or two.  

Are there actually openings for more principals, assuming there is a fixed number?   Is there a fixed number?  We’ve had a few male principals leave recently ... Soares and Watson (maybe Sambe filled one of those slots).  Bonelli can’t be far behind, but may well have a few years yet.

Are there any gaps on the female side?   Morera can’t have too much longer.  And where is Sarah Lamb?   She is not in the cast for May-July so far.

Other promotions / my favourites are ... Calvin Richardson, Annette Buvoli, Joe Sissens, David Donnelly, Giacomo Rovero

And please hire all the Aud Jebsen dancers & Marco Masciari 🤞

• Like 4