Renaissance Scholars

HowMuch!

Hi All, 

A bit of a daft question! I’ve filled out the online application for Renaissance Scholars, and made the payment, but I wasn’t redirected back to the application so I’m not sure if it’s been submitted? I’ve not had a confirmation email or any reply from them when I queried it. It was late last week when I filled it in. 

Has anyone else applied and had a similar experience? I’m just concerned I’ve not actually submitted the application! 

Any ideas?

xxx

@HowMuch!I had the same when I sent application for the summer intensive but I emailed to check they had the application and fee and they responded to say they did.  Have you emailed info@thescholars.co.uk?

I can highly recommend Scholars, my dd has attended for 2 years now, the training is very good!!

My DD auditioned a few years ago now! ( and is still training with scholars )

It was an hour or so ballet class with Mr Howland. At some point during the class they were split into 3 or 4 groups. At the end of the class, one of the groups was told they could go home, and the other groups stayed for a Jazz class with Miss Dee. After that they all left and we waited for an email! DD really enjoyed her audition and was over the moon to be offered a place on scholars. DD said there were other people watching the class/making notes, but she can't really remember now. 

I'm not sure if it is the same format now, but DD said the audition class was just like classes were once she started. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pixiewoo said:

It was an hour or so ballet class with Mr Howland. At some point during the class they were split into 3 or 4 groups. At the end of the class, one of the groups was told they could go home, and the other groups stayed for a Jazz class with Miss Dee. After that they all left and we waited for an email! DD really enjoyed her audition and was over the moon to be offered a place on scholars. DD said there were other people watching the class/making notes, but she can't really remember now. 

I'm not sure if it is the same format now, but DD said the audition class was just like classes were once she started. 

Thank you, thats really helpful 😀 Can you remember if the auditions were based on age groups or all together? 

18 hours ago, Pixiewoo said:

My dd also trains with scholars and would highly recommend to anyone thinking of audtioning.  My dds experience of audition same as @Pixiewoobut again it was a couple of years ago. Good luck to anyone auditioning xx

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Pixiewoo said:

That interesting, it sounds useful that you’d know you’re a no on the day! 

Do they need to be strong at Jazz too? My DD is very much a ballet dancer, she’s done a bit of jazz, contemporary etc but never very much.

10 hours ago, Springflower said:

Thank you, thats really helpful 😀 Can you remember if the auditions were based on age groups or all together? 

There was an older group and a younger group .... but I don't know exactly what the split was.  The actual classes are split into older and younger,  but with a fair bit of cross over in the middle years! 

3 hours ago, HowMuch! said:

That interesting, it sounds useful that you’d know you’re a no on the day! 

Do they need to be strong at Jazz too? My DD is very much a ballet dancer, she’s done a bit of jazz, contemporary etc but never very much.

I think you'll know you're a definite no,  but still might get a no/ waiting list if you're asked to stay.  

I don't know how strong they need to be at Jazz. Ballet is the base of everything. DD has become a much stronger dancer all round since attending scholars. 

• Like 1