Hi, My son is due to start ENBS in Sept. We have looked at various places to stay but all prove very costly. Do LYH accept students under 18 years of age ?

If anyone has any information on hall, hostels etc id love to hear from you.

I cannot offer any personal advice for your son but congratulations on his place at ENBS. There are various threads on ENBS currently and previously in the 'Doing Dance' section of balletcoforum - you can use the search facility to help you find the threads. I know accommodation is a topic that often crops up. I suspect actually that your post will be moved to Doing Dance by the admin team as you will probably get more replies there.

LYH - my son spent a year's work placement at Holland House quite a few years ago now and there were ENBS students there - but I think it is 18+ - though worth checking directly with them. good luck

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum, Doris.  As 2dancersmum says, this will be better off in Doing Dance, so I've moved it.  I've added some tags to the top of the thread: try clicking on them and see if they give you some help.  I've spotted a couple of related threads:

22 hours ago, 2dancersmum said:

I cannot offer any personal advice for your son but congratulations on his place at ENBS. There are various threads on ENBS currently and previously in the 'Doing Dance' section of balletcoforum - you can use the search facility to help you find the threads. I know accommodation is a topic that often crops up. I suspect actually that your post will be moved to Doing Dance by the admin team as you will probably get more replies there.

LYH - my son spent a year's work placement at Holland House quite a few years ago now and there were ENBS students there - but I think it is 18+ - though worth checking directly with them. good luck

Thank you for this advice...i am new to this so just sussing it all out

• 3 weeks later...

Picking up on this thread, as we have a daughter joining 1st year ENBS from Sep 2021. Very exciting!  Any other parents with 1st year students joining ENBS from Sep? Accommodation is top of mind, as our daughter just turned 16 and we're based overseas. The school just sent out the Enrollment Package last Friday, with an accommodation list of 4 recommended hostels also eligible for the 16+ students (Lightfoot Hall, Holland House, New Mansion House and St Marcellina’s). We know our daughter is not so interested in homestay but wants to stay where her peers are staying, but we don't know anyone else from the cohort. Based on previous info, Queen Alexandra’s House was highly regarded for younger female students, but not included in this year’s list. I asked the school why, so awaiting answers. Anyone else in our situation?

Edited by To the Pointe Parent

Hi To the Pointe Parent.

Congratulations to your daughter!  We are in the same situation as you!

I believe that QAH is only allowed to provide housing to certain schools/universities moving forward, although in the past they did allow ENBS students.  

My daughter would also like to live where the majority of other students are going to board.  I believe there are a few that are going to book at Lightfoot Hall and Bowden Court.  I'm in the process of gathering all the required paperwork materials - VISA, academic record, etc... and then hope to arrange the accommodation soon.  

If you would like to PM I'd be happy to discuss some of our details!

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/05/2021 at 22:15, Viviangrace said:

Hi To the Pointe Parent.

Congratulations to your daughter!  We are in the same situation as you!

I believe that QAH is only allowed to provide housing to certain schools/universities moving forward, although in the past they did allow ENBS students.  

My daughter would also like to live where the majority of other students are going to board.  I believe there are a few that are going to book at Lightfoot Hall and Bowden Court.  I'm in the process of gathering all the required paperwork materials - VISA, academic record, etc... and then hope to arrange the accommodation soon.  

If you would like to PM I'd be happy to discuss some of our details!

Hello! My DD will also be attending ENBS first year and we are trying to sort out accommodation at the moment. Will message you!

• 1 month later...
On 02/05/2021 at 19:57, Doris said:

Hi, My son is due to start ENBS in Sept. We have looked at various places to stay but all prove very costly. Do LYH accept students under 18 years of age ?

If anyone has any information on hall, hostels etc id love to hear from you.

On 16/06/2021 at 11:56, Dancing said:

Hello! My DD will also be attending ENBS first year and we are trying to sort out accommodation at the moment. Will message you!

Hi, we have booked Bowden Court for our son who will be going to ENBS . It was an easy process.