Busty ballerina

shygirlsmum

I am looking for inspirational stories about a dancer overcoming the odds and having a successful career, (preferably in ballet) despite having a larger than average chest.  There must be some positive stories out there!  
This dancer has suffered a couple of injuries and lost confidence during the last year, she is now having doubts over the size of her chest even though her teachers don’t see it as a problem.

When you say "larger than average", shygirlsmum, do you mean larger than the average dancer's, or larger than the general average?  And are we talking the girth of the chest, or rather a bosom that's on the large side?  I can certainly think of instances of both, but would be perhaps a little reluctant to name names without being more sure of my facts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shygirlsmum said:

Also, just the actual breast tissue that is worrying her as her overall width is small.

Roughly how old is the dancer, shygirlsmum?  Might the bust size decrease after puberty and/or when the dancer in question starts 16+ training?

In terms of “success stories”, some dancers in the Royal Ballet have larger busts than others, some have very small busts indeed.  Personally, Polina Semionova is a dancer whose career certainly hasn’t been negatively affected by having a visible bust. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shygirlsmum said:

She’s 17 so already gone through puberty.  Will check out Polina Semionova, I don’t really know much about dance so really appreciate the information.

If she’s had to stop dancing due to injury, that won’t have helped with body confidence. 😔 Have a look at photos of Misty Copeland and Isabella Gasparini too; both absolutely beautiful dancers with bosoms.  

Might some counselling be of benefit too, if you haven’t already discussed it?  If her teachers aren’t concerned, I’m wondering whether bust size might be the focus of a general loss of confidence - and/or any associated body image issues?  In my experience, teenage dance students often tend to have “problem areas” during times when their confidence is low - areas which, to everyone else, look absolutely fine.    If that is the case, starting counselling now might nip any emerging body image issues in the bud before they get unmanageable.  

• Like 3

Not ever been a ballerina or wanted to be... I have had the same band size since I was maybe 12, but for a random 2-3 year period I had a DD cup, by the time I turned 20 they had vanished and they still haven’t returned!