RBS Mid Associates

Dainty dancers mum

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably a bit off topic but I was just looking at the uniform list and it specifies leather ballet shoes for MA1 (London).  Does anyone know if they actually wear leather and is it supposed to be full sole?  I know in some centres they are allowed to wear split sole canvas.  My DD hasn't worn leather shoes in about 2-3 years.  It probably doesn't matter but my DD has never been in anything RBS and would hate to be a rebel on her first day 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neverdancedjustamum said:

Probably a bit off topic but I was just looking at the uniform list and it specifies leather ballet shoes for MA1 (London).  Does anyone know if they actually wear leather and is it supposed to be full sole?  I know in some centres they are allowed to wear split sole canvas.  My DD hasn't worn leather shoes in about 2-3 years.  It probably doesn't matter but my DD has never been in anything RBS and would hate to be a rebel on her first day 😂

Same as everything you said! So I’ll be waiting for the answers 🤣

19 hours ago, Neverdancedjustamum said:

I saw an Instagram post today about a student getting a mids offer so maybe there is movement.  RBS must be working their way through waitlists as I also some announcements on offers for the summer intensive.  I would not be surprised if there might be movement even in full time offers.

There has indeed been a girl offered a place at white lodge from the white lodge wait list! I think an international student has pulled out 

12 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

There has indeed been a girl offered a place at white lodge from the white lodge wait list! I think an international student has pulled out 

It must be a huge decision especially for international students at that age.  I am guessing not many international students start at year 7.

On 25/05/2021 at 22:28, PetitJeté said:

Well done to those with offers off the wait list! I know they say the list stays open until 1st Oct, but realistically, when do we assume no offer is coming? 

my DS was offered a mids place off the wait list in August - rbs associate office  is closed for a month over the summer

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coniger said:

my DS was offered a mids place off the wait list in August - rbs associate office  is closed for a month over the summer

Thank you, that’s really helpful to know. I would have assumed by August it was a no go! 

11 minutes ago, PetitJeté said:

Thank you, that’s really helpful to know. I would have assumed by August it was a no go! 

We got a place on the JAs in August and our friend got a mids place the same day! So definitely not too late. We know of another JA place being offered in August too! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Dancermom said:

Hi! Does anyone know how the sizing is on the RBS Associates tracksuit? Xx 

I think they’re quite big but maybe they’re meant to be quite baggy? My DD is 11 (height approx 151/152cm)and is normally in size adult XS for most things including leotards so I ordered age 12-13 in both the top and bottoms. They were very baggy on her and the top is longer than she’s used to so I ordered the 9-11 years and that fit her better. The joggers are still quite baggy so I’ve bought her leggings elsewhere instead. I think she’s just in between sizes maybe because I also had to buy her two leotards (2 and 3A), she prefers the fit of the 2, I prefer the 3A but both are wearable. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Neverdancedjustamum said:

I think they’re quite big but maybe they’re meant to be quite baggy? My DD is 11 (height approx 151/152cm)and is normally in size adult XS for most things including leotards so I ordered age 12-13 in both the top and bottoms. They were very baggy on her and the top is longer than she’s used to so I ordered the 9-11 years and that fit her better. The joggers are still quite baggy so I’ve bought her leggings elsewhere instead. I think she’s just in between sizes maybe because I also had to buy her two leotards (2 and 3A), she prefers the fit of the 2, I prefer the 3A but both are wearable. 

1 hour ago, MrsR said:

My daughter wears the 9-11. She’s just turned 11 and I think it would do her another few years! The jogging bottoms we had to turn the elastic over in the waistband the first year. Sizing is generous 

That’s great, thanks so much! I will order the 9-11 in the top and bottoms and I’ll use that trick if the bottoms are too baggy! Im ordering the 2 leotards also as I’m not sure which will fit better x 

On 25/05/2021 at 13:21, The red shoes said:

We have also heard of a UK student declining their offer of a WL place and deciding to stay at home and be an Associate instead. 

18 hours ago, Ballerina_girl said:

We just had an email asking if we would consider going to an alternative centre. We are on SWL but the centre is too far. Assuming this might of been an email to all still left on waitlist to see if there was any interest? 

We are SWL but didn’t receive an email. 

my daughter was offered a mid associate place today off the waiting list😀 shes so excited. Can anybody help with uniform sizing for the leotard and tracksuit? Is it true to size does it run big or small shes 11 in August but wondering whether to get 9-11 or 12-13 thanks 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ballerina_girl said:

my daughter was offered a mid associate place today off the waiting list😀 shes so excited. Can anybody help with uniform sizing for the leotard and tracksuit? Is it true to size does it run big or small shes 11 in August but wondering whether to get 9-11 or 12-13 thanks 

If it helps my dd is 13 very slim 5ft7 we bought 3A leotard, 14-15 track suit ( bottoms are slightly big on length but she can get away with it ,waist too big but it has a draw string. Jacket the same size and fit beautifully.

• Like 1

Congratulations! My daughter is a petite 11 I have ordered the 9-11 jacket and bottoms as I was told they come up quite big. I ordered the size 2 leotard which fits but without much room. Hope this helps xx 

19 minutes ago, Dancermom said:

Congratulations! My daughter is a petite 11 I have ordered the 9-11 jacket and bottoms as I was told they come up quite big. I ordered the size 2 leotard which fits but without much room. Hope this helps xx 

Thank you this sounds like my daughters shape she’s turning 11 in august and is petite I’m going to go for the 3A leotard then and 9-11 tracksuit. If the 3A is too big I will swap for the 2 

5 hours ago, Ballerina_girl said:

Congratulations to your DD 👏 Do you mind me asking was this for your first choice centre? Or the alternative centre? We are still waiting on SWL and wondering if there is still any hope!

Thank you this sounds like my daughters shape she’s turning 11 in august and is petite I’m going to go for the 3A leotard then and 9-11 tracksuit. If the 3A is too big I will swap for the 2 

Hi, just to say my daughter is 11 and the 3A is slightly loose on her.  Wearable but not as fitted as she wants it to be.  She is not petite (around 151cm height) and is usually in adult XS in other leotards.  The size 2 fits her fine.  I ordered both size 2 and 3A to be on the safe side as she can always wear the 3A in a few months' time (or weeks, seeing as how she is always seem to be going through growth spurts).

9 hours ago, Neverdancedjustamum said:

Hi, just to say my daughter is 11 and the 3A is slightly loose on her.  Wearable but not as fitted as she wants it to be.  She is not petite (around 151cm height) and is usually in adult XS in other leotards.  The size 2 fits her fine.  I ordered both size 2 and 3A to be on the safe side as she can always wear the 3A in a few months' time (or weeks, seeing as how she is always seem to be going through growth spurts).

Sounds like it could be going back then! 🙈 might message them see if I can swap one to a 2 as ive ordered 2 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Sorry to revive this old thread but I didn’t want to start a new one when my query fits broadly under this. I was just wondering what happens after the MA assessment? First timer with any kind of  RBS associates here. The emails regarding the assessment sound sufficiently ominous - like the offer of another year’s training is dependent on the assessment. I was just wondering, for those who have experience of MA:

- how soon after the assessment do you usually get the results? 
- is it in the form of a detailed report? Are there marks? 
- do they generally assess out?

8 minutes ago, Neverdancedjustamum said:

Sorry to revive this old thread but I didn’t want to start a new one when my query fits broadly under this. I was just wondering what happens after the MA assessment? First timer with any kind of  RBS associates here. The emails regarding the assessment sound sufficiently ominous - like the offer of another year’s training is dependent on the assessment. I was just wondering, for those who have experience of MA:

- how soon after the assessment do you usually get the results? 
- is it in the form of a detailed report? Are there marks? 
- do they generally assess out?

Yes I’ve been wondering all this too so I hope someone can shed some light! X

It is extremely rare for students to be assessed out. It does happen occasionally, but I think it's usually because a student hasn't been able to attend classes for whatever reason, maybe illness or injury or discipline issues, rather than they are not meeting the standards generally.

Cant remember how we heard, but I think it was a couple of lines in an email. Nothing detailed.