RBS Mid Associates

Dainty dancers mum

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, BalletNorth said:

Short waiting list for us too! I think the MA places offered will be very few. We applied for Manchester and were told that there are very few places here due to the group being a mix of years 7, 8 and 9 students. 

We are Manchester also, and SWL, I believe they did not take many to white lodge from the north so could be another factor in there not being many places 

1 hour ago, Mum to a boy dancer said:

Has anyone heard about Dundee yet? 

We are a no for Dundee. Disappointed as DD had SWL for JA 2 years ago, SWL last year for Mids and was eventually offered a Wait list place in Newcastle which we turned down due to COVID situation which is annoying when it ended up on Zoom mostly! We’re hoping she would get a place or SWL this year but sadly not. But shows that wait list places are offered. Good luck to everyone else! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mum of unicorn dancer said:

We got first RBS yes after constant SWL for JA year 4, 5 and 6 and all intensives. I am in shock, but DD will be very happy 🙂

Just shows hard work pays off, well done to your DD and for not giving up!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mum of unicorn dancer said:

We got first RBS yes after constant SWL for JA year 4, 5 and 6 and all intensives. I am in shock, but DD will be very happy 🙂

Wow well done to your Dd, did she make finals? What region are you? Xx 

23 hours ago, Macy1 said:

Short wait list for us which I think is an achievement in itself..... anyone know how short the short list is and any chance of a place?

There is quite a lot of movement as vocational students turn down their places. I know of a few that got into my daughters Mids class from wait list.

12 minutes ago, Macy1 said:

What does anyone think the earliest is that they will contact SWL places assuming no one here has heard anything already....

I was wondering this too.. I think maybe it would be a couple of weeks until they have heard from everybody at all the centres whether they’re accepting a place or not. 

1 hour ago, Dancermom said:

I was wondering this too.. I think maybe it would be a couple of weeks until they have heard from everybody at all the centres whether they’re accepting a place or not. 

Deadline was the 17th May for acceptance of places. Good luck to you both xxx 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrsR said:

Any news for those on SWL?

I saw an Instagram post today about a student getting a mids offer so maybe there is movement.  RBS must be working their way through waitlists as I also some announcements on offers for the summer intensive.  I would not be surprised if there might be movement even in full time offers.

Edited by Neverdancedjustamum