The Australian Ballet - New York Dialects

Finally made it back into The Sydney Opera House to see The Australian Ballet performing New York Dialects. This is a triple bill:

George Balanchine's Serenade - Beautiful.

Watermark, a new work by Pam Tanowitz - 18 dancers, mostly male, and has the look of improv.  Entertaining but not really my cup of tea. I started thinking that I should really just come to the tried & true storybook ballets - given the cost of the tickets.

George Balanchine's The Four Temperaments - LOVED IT! There was a clear NY feel to it.  Best of all was that it showcased so many of the individual dancers.  Their very different styles and qualities shone through.  You saw maybe 8 of your 'favourites' in action which was a treat.

• Like 1

Thanks DD Driver - it's always good to hear news of live performances!! (And, of course, I'm green with envy as I've got another 2 months to wait (fingers crossed)).

By coincidence, I've just finished reading the review in Limelight magazine which is included in Today's Links.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jan McNulty said:

Thanks DD Driver - it's always good to hear news of live performances!! (And, of course, I'm green with envy as I've got another 2 months to wait (fingers crossed)).

By coincidence, I've just finished reading the review in Limelight magazine which is included in Today's Links.

It was quite emotional being back in a packed theatre.

All fingers crossed that people around the world can have this back very soon.

• Like 3