Elmhurst Extended Young Dancer’s Birmingham

Lottiebb

Hi, my daughter is auditioning Saturday the 5th September but we have no idea what to expect. She’s kept her ballet up over lockdown but not the extent of what her training used to be like. Has any one auditioned for the extended dancers before, and know what it’s like 

what leotard should she wear? 

will she look out of shape compared to everyone else? 

how many get excepted into the course? 

how many people go up to audition?

do they only except people of a certain shape ect? 
Many thanks xx

On 23/08/2020 at 11:36, Dancerz said:

Hi, my daughter is auditioning Saturday the 5th September but we have no idea what to expect. She’s kept her ballet up over lockdown but not the extent of what her training used to be like. Has any one auditioned for the extended dancers before, and know what it’s like 

what leotard should she wear? 

will she look out of shape compared to everyone else? 

how many get excepted into the course? 

how many people go up to audition?

do they only except people of a certain shape ect? 
Many thanks xx

My daughter auditioned this year via zoom for the year 8 program. We were emailed with details on what to wear. I think it was a leotard, ballet socks and her flat ballet shoes. Hair was well groomed into a bun. She did some warm up exercises, lots of work in the centre, improvisation to a Piece of music she recognised and exercised based around flexibility. They spent some time talking to the participants and relaxing them. 
I don’t know the answer to the other questions sorry.

Good luck to your lovely daughter. My daughter really enjoyed the experience x

On 23/08/2020 at 14:19, Pinkpip100 said:

Ah ok, my dd is going into year 7 so I probably won’t be much help! Good luck to your dd - everyone else is likely to be in a similar boat in terms of not being in top shape after such a long time at home. 

My daughter is also starting year 7 ☺️ What time and group is your daughter in? Xx

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi, I am just wondering if anyone has any information regarding the usual process with the Extended young dancers program. Do the dancers usually stay with the same teacher for the duration, or do they have new teachers each year? Are there reports at the end of the year like with the junior associates, and how long do pupils stay on the course, is it reviewed each year/every few years? Thank you 

On 06/04/2021 at 00:17, Camille88 said:

Hi, I am just wondering if anyone has any information regarding the usual process with the Extended young dancers program. Do the dancers usually stay with the same teacher for the duration, or do they have new teachers each year? Are there reports at the end of the year like with the junior associates, and how long do pupils stay on the course, is it reviewed each year/every few years? Thank you 

•  

I can’t help but I’m interested in the answers too!  Fingers crossed someone will know. 

• Like 1