The Hammond School 2021

Mum to a boy dancer

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Flower said:

Can I be added please? Or is it only for yr 7?

@flower - there’s a current year 7 group with the children!  Do you want to be added to that?

9 hours ago, Calea said:

@flower - there’s a current year 7 group with the children!  Do you want to be added to that?

Yes please if it’s going to be helpful for starting and people don’t mind a yr 8 mum on there x

6 hours ago, Flower said:

Yes please if it’s going to be helpful for starting and people don’t mind a yr 8 mum on there x

Sorry for the misunderstanding but assumed it would be for your dd to join - the current y7 group was set up by the kids for the kids! Thought it would be a good way for her to try to get to know the others!  I’m not aware of a group chat for parents! 

Ah 

2 hours ago, Calea said:

Sorry for the misunderstanding but assumed it would be for your dd to join - the current y7 group was set up by the kids for the kids! Thought it would be a good way for her to try to get to know the others!  I’m not aware of a group chat for parents! 

ah I thought there were 2 groups!! 1 for current yr 7’s - will be 8’s with my dd to chat to. And another group for the *will be* yr 7 mums, that I might have joined. Sorry must be me confused!

4 minutes ago, Flower said:

Ah 

ah I thought there were 2 groups!! 1 for current yr 7’s - will be 8’s with my dd to chat to. And another group for the *will be* yr 7 mums, that I might have joined. Sorry must be me confused!

I know there is a yr 7 mums/dads but not aware of yr7 kids, I am sure my dd would love to chat to the other yr7 I know she is already talking to 2 of them 

• Like 1

I see Hammond have added some extra auditions for both lower school dance and theatre arts for Sept 2021 entry.  I wonder how many other schools/colleges look to increase their numbers now restrictions are hopefully starting to lift.  Good luck to anyone auditioning xx

4 hours ago, Flower said:

Seems like white trainers are part of the uniform. What make / type is allowed? What are the rules?

Pretty much anything goes as long as the main colour is white. My daughter has worn big chunky Filas and also Nike Airforce One. They wear them for commercial dance lessons so just need to be comfortable. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, margarite said:

Pretty much anything goes as long as the main colour is white. My daughter has worn big chunky Filas and also Nike Airforce One. They wear them for commercial dance lessons so just need to be comfortable. 

Thanks. That’s helpful as I do need to start buying stuff. X

9 hours ago, Milzmam said:

I see Hammond have added some extra auditions for both lower school dance and theatre arts for Sept 2021 entry.  I wonder how many other schools/colleges look to increase their numbers now restrictions are hopefully starting to lift.  Good luck to anyone auditioning xx

Hello. Just wondered if there would be any mds spaces left do you think? It's for a friend. X 

5 minutes ago, Flower said:

I think I heard that they will be stocking it themselves. 
could be wrong 🤔

Wondering if we will hear anything soon if I need to book any dates off from work etc and really wanting to start getting organised 

@Happyfeet84 @Flower - the school will be stocking some of the uniform but it may be changing!  At last years welcome “zoom” meeting Mr Searle said they may stop wearing the formal uniform and just wear tracksuits going forward, which I believe has been successful!  My dd in y7 has never worn the school uniform, so if I were you I would hold fire on buying anything just yet and wait to hear from the school about what they are proposing to do!  I certainly won’t be ordering anything new!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Coconut Popcorn said:

THEATRE ARTS 

hi my daughter will be a boarder in September, she’s going into year 7 and would love to connect with other children on the Theatre Arts programme or anyone boarding or starting any course in September x 

Hi Coconut Popcorn my dd is starting on the Dance course y7 and boarding in September if they would like to connect I can send you her number if you like then they can connect via what’s app